Job description / Role
The College of Education is looking for a skilled and detail-oriented Services Assistant to provide business administrative duties to ensure that the Dean's office operations run smoothly and are successful in supporting other business activities with accuracy and speed.
The goal is to ensure that the Dean's office operations are efficient and add maximum value to the College.
Tasks & Duties:
- Following office workflow procedures to ensure maximum efficiency
- Maintaining files and records with effective filing systems
- Supporting other teams with various administrative tasks
- Handling the College website & Social Media accounts
- Organize and provide support for the College events
- Managing, sorting, and dispensing incoming mail and faxes
- Preparing outgoing mail, faxes and packages
- Tracking orders & requests and maintain effective and professional relationships with colleagues and other departments.
- Arranging and attending College meetings and take notes, keep minutes, etc.
- Reporting any updates or pertinent issues that need addressing to the Dean
- Upholding and carrying out University/College policies and procedures
- Deal with customer complaints, issues or suggestions
- Suggest changes to office task workflow in order to improve efficiency
- Any other tasks as required and assigned by the Dean
- Associate's/College degree; BSc/Ba in a relevant field
- Proven experience as office coordinator or in a similar role
- Experience in customer service
- Professional in both Arabic and English Languages
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Office, "back-office"
- Working knowledge of office equipment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Organized with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Reliable with patience and professionalism
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Willingness to be adaptable, to accept changes and try new things
- Work well under pressure
- Ability to exercise flexibility, initiative, good judgment, and discretion
- Ability to work accurately, with interruptions, to meet a deadline
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Mourany Orthodontic & Dental Center
|Al Ain||2 Jan|
Admin Assistant - Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Accreditation Director
University of Balamand Dubai (UOBD)
M&M Marketing Management
Student Services Coordinator
University of Balamand Dubai (UOBD)
Alpha Group (Alpha Flight Services UAE)