Job description / Role
We are looking to recruit Shared Services Director to be based in a large organisation in Dubai. Responsible to set up, manage and continuously improve company's Shared Services model which will integrate and improve end-to-end finance processes across organisation to drive elimination, simplification, standardisation and automation.
* Leads the establishment and development of the SSC
* Manage the relationship with the global finance process owners for R2R, O2C, P2P, Tax and Treasury
* Influence a significantly wider group of business and financial stakeholders to deliver agreed SSC objectives and performance
* Works with team leads to identify, plan for and develop strategies, services and activities to support current and future customer needs.
* Ensure the agreed scope of transaction activities and processes are fully migrated to SSC with no 'shadow finance, duplicate effort or stranded costs remaining in the markets and group
* Drive a continuing programme of transitioning work from markets and group to SSC
* Drive efficiency, standardization and cost reduction, with an emphasis on repeatable scalable processes to enable seamless integration of future acquisitions and growth activities
* Oversee the development of SLAs with all customer groups, both within and external to Finance
* Works with team leads to identify and implement ongoing improvements of those activities within the different business processes at the SSC.
* Manages overall service centre resource allocations.
* Implements planning, budgeting, and communicates organisational goals.
* Ensures compliance with policy and procedural directives within the SSC.
* Monitors overall SSC, teams and individuals' performance and takes corrective actions, as necessary.
* Instill a culture of continuous improvement in all areas of service delivery
* Drives SSC staffing through involvement with the selection, training, career development and evaluation programs.
* Ensures that all controls, policies, activities, and the deployment of resources within the SSC are consistent with its mission.
* Act as the business champion for RPA, automation and SSC financial systems implementation.
* Experience in managing a shared services environment or F&A process improvement and transformation projects or experience of managing in a business process outsourcing (BPO) environment.
* In-depth finance process knowledge and subject matter expertise especially deep understanding of basic shared service controls and process areas (General Ledger/AP/AR/Fixed Assets).
* Robust finance process knowledge and subject matter expertise especially deep understanding of advanced shared service controls and process areas (Finance & Management Reporting).
* Strong communication skills with ability to present concisely and descriptively in both oral and written format to all levels of management.
* Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
* Experience managing multiple customers and points of contact.
* Ability to work successfully in a process-driven environment with courage to challenge the status quo
* Experience in establishing a new operation with the ability to attract, retain and motivate people.
* Knowledge of shared service centre, BPO or call centre metrics and systems desired.
* Strong strategic agility, process engineering, people management.
About the Company
Robert Walters is one of the world's largest specialist professional recruitment consultancies with 53 offices spanning 24 countries.
We've helped thousands of professionals find permanent, contract and interim roles with leading global corporations, small to medium sized companies and innovative start ups. Our specialist recruitment focus includes: accountancy and finance, banking, engineering, operations, legal, IT, sales, marketing, procurement & logistics, HR and support/administration.