Job description / Role
Responsible for assisting the Department to achieve department objectives and company goals in a timely efficient manner
The below Key Performance Areas include but are not limited to:
Keep accurate records, review information, consolidate reports and take action where necessary
- Record and consolidate all information supplied by freight forwarders into report form.
- Check all information and documentation for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare weekly report on status of incoming shipments.
- Assist Supervisor in preparing shipping reports.
- Compile Ad-hoc reports as required.
- Check costings from freight forwarders and clearing agents against approved rates.
- Maintain, organise and catalogue all shipping records.
- Continuously track shipments progress and communicate delays or concerns to affected parties.
- Pass insurance claims to Finance for processing.
Communicate with Line Manager any variances, or improvements to be made to current department practices
- Communicate problems to Shipping Supervisor.
- Advise Shipping Supervisor on all incoming and clearance of shipments issues.
- Advise distribution centres / merchandisers of incoming shipments.
- Responsible for the daily administration of all imports, inter-country transfers and exports.
- Provide pre-alerts on incoming shipments, compile clearance documentation and costings for shipments.
- Recommend actions which will expedite clearing processes.
Develop relationships both internal and external to achieve objectives within timescales
- Handle queries on incoming shipments.
Communicate relevant information to Internal/external parties whilst presenting the Company in a professional manner
- Continuously liaise with forwarding agents.
- Supply information to local clearing agents.
- Senior / Secondary School Education
- Minimum 1 year experience in Shipping
About the Company
As a leading international franchise operator, with nearly 90 of the world’s most recognised brands in its portfolio, Alshaya Group brings great shopping, dining, leisure and hospitality experiences to millions of customers across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey, Europe and beyond.
Alshaya Group is a dynamic multinational business and family owned enterprise with a consistent record of growth and innovation. For 35 years, Alshaya has been a pioneering force in brand franchising, using its exceptional knowledge and experience to expand at pace.
Our portfolio of well-loved international brands includes Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn, KidZania and, coming soon, Hampton by Hilton.
From one retail franchise store opened in Kuwait in 1983, Alshaya Group has consistently grown and diversified and today offers customers an unparalleled choice of brands across multiple sectors; Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings, Leisure & Entertainment, and Hotels. A diverse, skilled team of 53,000 people from 120 nationalities support more than 4,000 stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, a growing online business and a commitment to delivering great customer experiences.