Job description / Role
The Site Manager has overall accountability for the delivery of AMMROC
Reason for role
To provide management and mentoring of an on-site supervision team to ensure that the Services are delivered to agreed KPIs and to the ultimate satisfaction of the client.
Structure and reporting relationship
The Site Manager is the ultimate contract lead for the delivery of services at AMMROC
Based on the specific requirement of the role
- Ensure all contract deliverables are met to support the development of long lasting client relationships through appropriate management of an output based integrated facilities management delivery model.
- Understand the complex stakeholder map for the project and develop long lasting relationship
- Represent client to navigate through various audits, inspections conducted by local bodies, insurance companies, bankers, investors etc.;
- Establish, policies, management plans and procedures for each service under management;
- Liaise with clients, staff and external consultants at all levels in matters relating to service delivery;
- In conjunction with the client develop business continuity plans for numerous scenarios;
- Manage and direct the operations of the business in accordance with Serco's strategic plan, with an emphasis on standardisation of policies and procedures;
- Manage the day-to-day operations of all elements of the Contract to meet all regulatory, business, strategic and Key Performance Indicators (KPI);
- Prepare monthly reports and attend monthly leadership meetings;
- Manage the collection, distribution and storage of information and reports;
- Liaise with customer representatives on an appropriate and regular basis;
- Ensure the timely and satisfactory management and resolution of complaints from customers and the grievances of employees, in accordance with Serco's policies;
- Management of subcontractors and suppliers.
- Develop, monitor and review service delivery programs for the contract;
- Recommend and administer improvement programs
- Monitor the progress of accreditation and quality management systems and coordinate the standardisation of policies and procedures;
- Monitoring of procedures and policies in order to recommend improvements;
- Perform and carry out duties and respond to requests for assistance from the Senior Serco Management team;
- Adapt to surge and ad-hoc service requirements as specified by the client within a timely and efficient manner.
People & Culture
- Lead a project team, dealing with all aspects of people management including ensuring the highest engagement levels in line with the Serco strategy.
- Provide direct line management for the technical services that report into the role, including but not limited to performance management and career planning of individuals;
- Direct, assist, support and advise line managers, supervisors, coordinators, team leaders or leading hands, ensuring the implementation of changes necessary to meet evolving service delivery standards;
- Set staffing levels in compliance with business specifications and monitor them, to enable the delivery of efficient and effective services;
- Ensure that employees have the opportunity to participate in the development of the Serco Contract and the decision making process;
- Review all training needs and report on a yearly basis;
- Regularly meet with line managers, supervisors, coordinators, team leaders or leading hands to keep them informed of decisions affecting their areas of operation and to ensure a uniform application of Serco's policies and delivery of services.
- Responsible for the P&L of the project and all financial aspects to ensure that the project delivers numbers that exceed the commitment agreed with the divisional process
- Clearly understand the commercial arrangements of the project and have full understanding of the contract and Serco's obligations within so as the right decisions can be made with respect to scope, liability etc.
- Negotiate procure and review whole of service delivery contracts;
- Ongoing management of the Risk Management program;
- Contribute towards the preparation of operating budgets;
- Meet agreed budgets (commitments) and business planning outcomes.
HSQE Responsibilities and Information Security Responsibilities
- Lead the development and implementation of the Serco Management System (SMS) and ensure that the contents of Health, Safety, Quality & Environment (HSQE) and Information Security Policy Statements are known and understood by the contract staff.
- Provide input into the development of the HSQE and information Security Policy Statements.
- Provide HSQE statistical input to Serco Middle East.
- Ensure that a good HSQE and Information Seuciryt culture is promoted within their departments and among their peers, employees, visitors, subcontractors, client and customers.
- Ensure compliance with the Serco Management System and all relevant business processes, procedures and work instructions to deliver all work with appropriate quality and governance standards
- Ensure security and integrity of all data provided including reporting performance, finance and customer information; reference Serco non-disclosure policy
- To exercise personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by their acts or omissions; reference SMS GSOP-HSE1-6 Serco organisational HSE responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with all training requirements of Serco and ensure adherence to these requirements at all times whilst in employment
- Report any accidents, incidents, breaches or potential breaches to appropriate management or the speak up process
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
Essential technical and professional skills, knowledge and qualifications
- Minimum eight (8) years experience in facilities management;
- Minimum five (5) years Management and/or Operational experience at a senior level within a business;
- Proficient in the use of PCs, spreadsheets and other software applications;
- Knowledge of both international and local (UAE) statutory and legislated requirements in governing large properties;
- Knowledge of international best practice in facilities management;
- Strong leadership skills.
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal skills and proven ability to effectively communicate (in both oral and in written form) with all levels of management, employees, customers, contractors and other stakeholders;
- Ability to motivate, lead, manage change and work in a multi discipline and multi-functional team;
- Demonstrated commitment to the processes of continuous improvement and quality customer service;
- Proven financial management expertise, especially the ability meet budget objectives;
- Have led a diverse, multi-cultured, multi-disciplined workforce to achieve the work output and quality of services.
Additional / special features of the role
- Negotiation skills;
- Experience of interacting with the client side.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Typical physical demands include: high mobility to inspect all facilities in a high heat stress environment; high degree of manual dexterity to sufficiently perform computer functions on a keyboard, produce materials on a PC and operate basic office equipment, normal or corrected vision and hearing, extensive sitting, mobility sufficient to visit with departments or employees throughout the facility and lift up to 30 lbs.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.