Job description / Role
As the Site Reliability Engineer on our team,
• You are responsible for the operational support of our products and front-line customer management for any system-related incident reports.
• You will ensure maximum uptime and performance for our deployments.
• You will perform any required system updates in the form of patches, hotfixes or upgrades.
• You are also part of the escalation and technical support processes.
• You assist with prioritization of technical issues and coordinating resolutions with our clients.
Who you are
• You have a bias toward automation especially for deployment and configuration
• You are detail and stability oriented
• You enjoy designing and implementing automation code
• You follow production deployment procedures and design the best technical approach
• You document and contribute to knowledge base
• You are able to identify the signal in the noise
• You are able to ruthlessly prioritize
• You consider yourself a highly-skilled generalist
• You enjoy collaborating in a multicultural and diverse environment but also function well autonomously
• You are able to communicate effectively, clearly, and timely
• You like the adventure of work travel
• You have a passion for solving hard problems
• Minimum of five (5) years of product administration experience in Linux environments
• Proficiency in Enterprise Configuration Management Solutions (i.e. Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
• Proficiency in automation tools like Python or Go
• Minimum of five (5) years of related experience as a Hadoop administrator with an Expert level knowledge of Cloudera Hadoop components such as HDFS, Sentry, HBase, Impala, Hue, Spark, Hive, Kafka, YARN, and ZooKeeper
• Prior Hadoop cluster deployment experience in adding and removing nodes, troubleshooting failed jobs, configure and tune the clusters, monitor critical parts of the cluster
• Experience with containers and container orchestration
• Experience managing and configuring virtualization
• Experience with Enterprise Monitoring and Alerting Solutions (i.e. Nagios, Prometheus)
• Experience deploying and maintaining hardware
• Minimum of two (2) years of experience managing Elastic search cluster
• Knowledge of best practices for Data Warehousing including business intelligence, and business continuity planning
Bonus - if you have:
• Experience working in an Agile environment, CSD, CSM, SA, ASE
• General knowledge of network topologies and configuration
• Experience working in Cloud infrastructure
About the Company
Executive Solutions is a different breed of talent consultancy. Driven by a unique philosophy, we think differently and act differently from the pack. Were here to do one thing: to improve our clients businesses by finding, focusing and delivering the most talented people.
We dont just do traditional contingency recruitment. Discovering talent is much more than just matching a CV to a vacancy - its about understanding companys corporate culture and ensuring a comprehensive match. We believe that in order to find the right candidate we must understand the motivations and ambitions of senior management, which is reflected in our personal approach when partnering with a client.
Executive Solutions is your trusted talent solutions partner head quartered in Dubai, specialising in direct talent, tailored talent and HR talent solutions, along with Nationalisation initiatives throughout the Middle East. Driven by a unique philosophy, we incorporate innovative and comprehensive talent management solutions each tailored to suit what our clients need.