Job description / Role
At DarkMatter, we are building an organization of specialists to provide the ultimate integrated cyber security protection available. Whatever the scope, scale or sensitivity of our clients' work, we'll assess their risks, resolve their vulnerabilities and always keep them ahead of the threat, offering them the best possible products and solutions.
The applicant will have a passion for managing designing, implementing and managing corporate/ client security along with a desire to relentlessly champion best practices according to critical infrastructure protections (CIP) requirements. This role is responsible for performing all functions required to support day-to-day data security operations, supporting and maintaining a broad suite of information security infrastructure, accountable for security and networking infrastructure component availability and integrity, monitoring compliance with IT security policy, and coordinating investigation and reporting of security incidents. Participate in the planning, design, installation, and maintenance of security systems in support of security policies. Work with Information Technology staff and business units to assess risk and address security issues.
In this role, you will:
- Manage security responsibilities, including firewalls, proxy systems, logging, and other security devices.
- Create and review reports on event anomalies.
- Develop and maintain security policies.
- Raise awareness of security policies and develop corresponding procedures.
- Provide security expertise to the company.
- Facilitate new electronic data interchanges between other financial firms.
- Assist in the enforcement and monitoring of Compliance regulations.
- Investigate and respond to security violations.
- Designs and conducts training for corporate security education and awareness programs.
- Defines security requirements and reviews systems to determine if they have been designed to comply with established security standards. Develop new standards as necessary.
- Analyze business needs, researches and recommends solutions.
- Establish and manage relations with vendors and related equipment suppliers.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- This position is a member of the corporate Security Operating Committee.
- Leads the planning, design, documentation, and engineering of security and compliance solutions across the enterprise.
- Defines, develops, documents, and implements new security components and integrations.
- Provides techniques and patterns for securing integration with external vendors or cloud providers.
- Subject matter expert/contributor measurably improving the overall security framework and program.
- Leads regular design reviews for requirements implementation.
- Lead activities of the Computer Security Incident Response Team.
- Monitor for new security threats and makes recommendations for additional controls.
- Identify security risks to the organization and recommend corrective actions.
- Provide oversight of complex security incidents and escalations, performing advanced analysis and troubleshooting, and resolving incidents.
To bring your dream to life, you'll need
- Experience on industrial control systems (ICS), design, implementation, assessment, security, monitoring and maintaining.
- Exceptional knowledge and understanding on the creation/implementation of secure networks, firewalls and intrusion-detection/prevention systems.
- Advanced knowledge regarding common attacks, attack methods, and defense architectures.
- Expert level experience in Enterprise Security Technologies in areas such as IPS/IDS, SIEM, VPN, PKI, NAC, Firewalls and vulnerability scanning tools.
- Extensive ability to estimate, plan, lead and execute complex technical projects while working independently and/or in a team, undertaking and completing project tasks on schedule with minimal to no supervision.
- Experience effectively engaging with internal and external personnel at peer and executive management level.
- Experience with Information Security Policy and Procedure development and implementation.
- Knowledge of Information Security risk assessment methodologies and standards.
- Experience developing technical documentation, including reports, proposals, statements of work, and whitepapers.
- Expert knowledge firewall technologies required.
- Working knowledge of web application firewalls, load balancers and proxies.
- Experience with the design and configuration of a network DMZ.
- Demonstrated experience in computer security combined with risk analysis, audit, and compliance objectives.
- Experience working with information security practices, networks, software, and hardware.
- Expert knowledge of TCP/IP, common protocols and standards.
- Experience with DLP and IPS/IDS systems.
- Experience with security scanning tools and application.
- Experience with Web Vulnerability.
- Strong process oriented individual with experience in ITIL concepts.
- Highly responsive and proven professionalism in communication, interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Strong skills implementing and configuring security components.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to maintain in depth knowledge of security and networking infrastructure utilized by the company including the management and reporting of each
Working in Abu Dhabi
Just off the Arab Gulf and right at the edge of your imagination, is a place where geniuses make their cyber security dreams come true.
At DarkMatter, we're turning our biggest ideas into reality in the fastest moving and most dynamic city on the planet. Working here, you'll lead technical innovation in the region while taking advantage of all Abu Dhabi has to offer. From first class healthcare and education, to superior living accommodations and cultural attractions, you'll find your ideal career and more in this global crossroads. The UAE is one of the safest and most secure areas in the world. And with its location between Europe, Africa and Asia, you'll expand your worldview in just a short flight. But you won't have to venture far from the city to experience its diversity. You'll find people of over 50 nationalities working at DarkMatter. Join us and see that while far away from the concrete tech jungle, Abu Dhabi is an oasis where your latest innovations will thrive and grow.
About the Company
DarkMatter is transforming the cyber security landscape. Headquartered in the UAE and operating globally, we're the region's first and only fully integrated digital defence and cyber security consultancy and implementation firm. Our elite team of global experts deliver advanced, next-generation solutions to governments and enterprises across the cyber security spectrum.
We help clients simplify the enormous complexity of today's ever-evolving cyber threats. Our vision is to protect the future by securing its technologies. Innovation and Research are cornerstones to our development and the activities in these areas underpin our entire range of offerings, including Secure Communications, Public Key Infrastructure and Big Data & Analytics products.