Job description / Role
- To provide advice, guidance and daily management support to the contract's office services in effective and efficient delivery across the full scope of services.
Reason for role
Responsible for completion of the contracted milestone deliverables and liaise/report on at least a weekly basis to Serco's senior management and to the client on the performance and progress in this regard up to completion and sign off.
Structure and reporting relationship
- Typically reporting to the General Manager. To lead and provide guidance to the soft services team.
Based on the specific requirement of the role
- Manage the day-to-day service delivery and performance of the Soft Services Department including, Cleaning & Window Cleaning, Pest Control, Waste Management, Timetabling, Service Desk and Administration Departments.
- To ensure that adequate manpower is available at all times and, to ensure that that all Human Resource elements of people management such as Discipline, Training, Performance Review, Objectives Setting, Personal Development and Mentoring, Support, Guidance and Counseling, as required, is provided.
- Ensure proper interdisciplinary coordination and effective communication among the staff and with other service providers.
- Manage, support and coach internal team members to deliver service against company and client objectives.
- Undertake troubleshooting, customer surveys, quality assessments and service audits as appropriate to ensure standards of service are met.
- Develop monthly activity reports as required by senior management and other service users to ensure optimum delivery across all the identified areas of service.
- Liaise with all internal stakeholders/customers on a regular basis to identify their future needs and expectations in regard to the services provided.
- Undertake Key Performance Indicator (KPI) or Service Level Agreement (SLA) inspections and provide service delivery reports to the senior management.
- Coordinate and attend client and supplier meetings and follow up on actions with clear visual aids to track and monitor progress.
- To create and maintain a stakeholder management plan relevant to the Soft Services Department ensuring that key stakeholders engagement levels are monitored, and any negative feedback is escalated to the General Manager.
- Continue to improve systems of communication, maintain business integrity and improve knowledge of customer expectations, identify and address concerns of stakeholders
- Respond, in a timely manner, to standard and non-standard enquires from all stakeholders, relating to the Integrated Services Department; face-to-face, by telephone, by e-mail and in writing and to represent the Department in internal and external meetings, workshops and presentations as required.
- To manage and participate in the Annual Customer Satisfaction Survey and create, implement and monitor action plans identified as a result of the survey results.
- Undertake critical analysis of statistics relating to service deliverables and make recommendations for improvements wherever possible.
- Maintain documentation and records associated with service performance in accordance with relevant Company Procedures in support of the ISO 9001 accreditation.
- To participate in the annual Management Review process producing statistics and analysis of service delivery and opportunities for improvements for consideration by the Management organisation.
- To maintain a register of all statutory and legal compliance regulations, relevant to the Soft Services Operations, and to ensure that compliance with the regulations is maintained at all times.
- To ensure compliance with Integrated Management System (IMS) at all times.
- To work within framework of the Delegation of Authority Matrix at all times whilst undertaking his/her duties.
- To proactively identify and monitor all risk associated with Contractual and Departmental Outputs of the Soft Services Department, and escalate to the General Manager as required.
- Update and maintain the Departmental Risk Register as per the Company policies and review at least quarterly.
- To carry out regular Risk Assessment of the high risk activities associated with the Cleaning & Window Cleaning Contractors outputs ensuring compliance with relevant Policies and Procedures as required.
Procurement & Asset Management
- To assist in the procurement of supplies and services relating to the full scope of services through either Purchase Order system or the long term tender process.
- To control the Soft Services Department asset register ensuring that all assets are maintained in good working order and that a replacement programme is in place, and managed and monitored in accordance with the Commercial Manual and the CAPEX principles.
Financial Control & Budgeting
- Review service providers work upon completion and approve payments.
- To create, monitor and control the Departmental Budgets relating to the Soft Services Departments ensuring that expenditure is in line with budgets at all times and escalate any projected overspends to the General Manager.
- To participate in and contribute to the annual Strategic Budget Planning process.
Operational Excellence & Innovation
- Manage the day-to-day service delivery and performance of the external service providers in respect of the delivery of Print & Reprographics, Switchboard, Mailroom, Logistics function including Messenger & Portering service, Furniture Fixtures & Fittings maintenances, cleaning and window cleaning services.
- Review service providers quality of work and identify areas for potential improvement, increase in quality and / or efficiency in service in order to improve service delivery and meet customer needs.
- To proactively promote innovation and to proliferate best practice and review the service strategy on an ongoing basis.
- Determine performance standards, undertake audits, and identify trends, gaps, deficits. Monitor compliance with SLAs and KPIs.
- Produce annual business plans for the soft service operations, identifying new business opportunities where possible.
- To create technical specifications, Key Performance Indicators and Service Level Agreements, relating to the outsourced service contracts, and to carry out technical evaluations of Commercial Tender Exercises, providing reports and leading on Supplier evaluation and contractual awards for the Cleaning, Window Cleaning and Pest Control Services. Assist in the maintenance of records, logs and data management concerning Furniture, Fixtures, and Equipment (FFE) and logistics within the department.
- Carry out other duties as directed by the line manager or member of the senior management team.
Health, Safety, Environment & Quality Role Accountabilities
- Ensure compliance with all training requirements of Serco and ensure adherence to To support the development and implementation of the Serco Management System (SMS) and provide the leadership to ensure that contents of Health, Safety Quality & Environment and Information Security Policy Statement are known and understood by the contract staff
- To comply with the organization's QHSE policies and procedures at all times.
- To work safely at all times and to report all hazards and incidents recording all in Assure
- To actively participate in all QHSE training, programs, audits and inspections, as necessary
- To exercise a personal duty of care for your own health, safety and welfare and to that of all others.
- To lead by example and ensure to protect the environment by conservation of electricity, water and other natural resources, and minimising generation of waste.
- Conduct regular leadership HSE tours and inspections
- To protect information assets including both electronic and paper based from all threats whether internal, external, accidental or deliberate.
- Conduct regular reviews of Information Security Performance and promote ways to improve security integrity
- Ensure compliance with the Serco Management System and all relevant business processes, procedures and work instructions to deliver all work with appropriate quality and governance standards
- Ensure security and integrity of all data provided including reporting performance, finance and customer information; reference Serco non-disclosure policy
- To exercise personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by their acts or omissions; reference SMS GSOP-HSE1-6 Serco organisational HSE responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with all training requirements of Serco and ensure adherence to these requirements at all times whilst in employment
- Report any accidents, incidents, breaches or potential breaches to appropriate management or the speak up process
Essential technical and professional skills, knowledge and qualifications
Technical and Profession Skills
- 7 years minimum experience at managerial level within an office services environment with specific experience and understanding of at least three of the following areas:
- Office stationery supplies
- Print & reprographics service
- Switchboard facility operation
- Mailroom operation
- Logistics and loading dock management
- Messenger & portering service
- FFE management and maintenance
- Contract & Service Provider Management
- Service Specification & Tender Evaluation
- Writing Key Performance Indicators and managing service provider performance
- Experience of working with Audio Visual components.
- Knowledge of CAFM and /or SAP platforms.
- Ability to develop and implement policies, procedures and specifications.
- Health and Safety knowledge, training and experience with ideally a recognized qualification.
- High level of customer service experience.
- Flexible approach.
- Able to coach and mentor where necessary.
- Holder of a degree in a relevant discipline.
- General appreciation of Soft Services and Support Services Facilities Management and ideally a member of BIFM or similar.
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.