Job description / Role
Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our achitects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
Thales has built a presence in the United Arab Emirates for over 35 years, and today has over 300 employees. Thales in the UAE is part of our Middle East business that has 1,800 people across Egypt, Iraq, Kuwait, KSA, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and UAE. Together we delivered technology for the Dubai metro, the longest driverless metro network in the world and a fare collection system that processes up to 250,000 transactions per day. We make UAE a safer place by providing secure electronic payment solutions, cyber security systems and communications as well as security systems for Dubai International Airport and air traffic management and navigation systems for Abu DhabiÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s airport.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities of the software developer will be to;
- Back end and interface development using (Java-EE, Maven, Jenkins, Sonar),
- Responsible of good delivery in our GIT
- Analyse and develop news features for the project
- Respect Code rules
- Respect time engagement
- Make and justify development choices
- Adhere to project schedule, strategies, policies and constraints
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum 3 to 5 years experience in development with Strong knowledge of java
- Knowledge of JAVA EE architectures, SDLC and OOP Design best practices is a pre-requisite.
- Experience in management tools related to Agile SW development:
- GIT, JIRA, SVN
- Must have technical writing experience (in English language) and ability to produce configuration details
QUALIFICATION, CERTIFICATION & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Qualified to bachelor degree standard or equivalent experience in a Software development environment
- Must have high fluency in spoken and written English & French (Arabic would be also be preferred).
- Certifications in JAVA, Vert.x is preferred
- Knowledge of Linux system and Eclipse is mandatory.
- JIRA and Python knowledge would be of benefit
PREFERRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE :
- A working experience with Real time Software, Radio Protocol, Radio wave, and communication would be beneficial.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
About the Company
With operations in 50 countries and 68,000 employees, Thales is a world leader in mission-critical information systems for defence and security, aerospace and transportation.
Building on its expertise in the most sophisticated technologies and large-scale software systems, Thales is stepping up to the security challenges of its customers in an increasingly complex world. With its global network of 22,500 high-level researchers, Thales has earned particular recognition for its ability to develop and deploy dual civil and military technologies. Leveraging its international operations and spanning the entire value chain from equipment to systems and services, Thales is playing a pivotal role in making the world a safer place.