Job description / Role
Who we are: The Concept
Level Shoes is a globally recognized retail concept and destination located in the heart of Dubai Mall and dedicated to the world of designer footwear and accessories.
The 96,000 square- foot store offers a wide range of unique services; from personal shopping, spa experiences, dedicated concierge service to regional online shopping.
The curated space is divided into 30 designer boutiques and 5 multibrand areas each designed with its own bespoke personality: Women's Designer, Contemporary, Men' s Designer, Trends and Kids.
Here, in the heart of Dubai, Level Shoes is a retail experience unlike any other, offering over 250 international designer brands of which more than 100 are exclusive to Level.
Our Omnichannel Vision
We believe the future of luxury fashion retail will be defined by the reinvention of our consumer experience, through online and offline integrations. Our ambition is to merge the excitement of the physical experience with the convenience of a digital world in order to create a magical experience for our customers.
We are Chalhoub Group, a leading family business in the world of beauty, fashion and gifts. We have blended our Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury to offer service excellence to all our partners and a unique experience to all our customers for over 60 years
As we continue to grow, it's our vision to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere. Our passionate teams drive our vision forward, without them, we couldn't create luxury experiences for our customers. Through opportunities, development and support, we empower each and every employee to achieve their career goals - and beyond. It's an exciting journey we're on, and one you could be part of.
Level Shoes, part of Chalhoub Group, is looking for a Software Developer & Technical Architect to join its newly formed Technology team based in Dubai, UAE. Reporting directly to the Senior Product Manager
As the technical architect, you'll be responsible for defining the overall structure of a program or system. You'll act as project manager, overseeing IT assignments that are aimed at improving the business, and ensuring all parts of the project run smoothly.
Our Software Developer must not only possess superb tech capabilities, but they also have to have excellent strategizing techniques. They enjoy collaborating with others and have above-average communication skills
What you'll be doing:
- Provide direct service support to various development projects, maintaining the legacy ones and create the new platform
- Collaborate with other developers and DevOps to make sure that we are all aligned in order to meet requirements and conform to best practices
- Prioritize requests from operations, development and product teams fairly while demonstrating a sense of empathy
- Design, implement and test the agreed-upon requirements
- 4+ years Magento 2 development experience is a must have
- Full stack developer
- Team leading experience
- Experience working in an Agile environment within Scrum teams
Technical Architectural skills:
- Identifying in collaboration with Product team the organization's needs for Level in regard to its technology roadmap, systems & capabilities
- Breaking down large scale projects into manageable chunks
- Working out which IT products to use based on cost benefit analysis and research
- Explaining to designers and developers what's required and overseeing the progress
- Producing documents that monitor progress and ensure the quality of the project
- Advising Level on managing future IT needs
What you'll need to succeed:
- 3+ years Magento Experince of experience, expert Knowledge of Magento development
- Database administration, preferably MySQL
- Elastic Search or similar experience
- Experience and understanding of Continuous Delivery
- Knowledge of best practices in Software development
- Basic E-Commerce ecosystem experience
- Good communication with clients/operational managers - listening and providing answers
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to build good relationships with clients/operational managers and colleagues
- Ability to gather and assimilate information
- Up to date knowledge of technical applications
- Good knowledge of quality standards, legislation and best practice
- Ability to adapt and prioritise
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate problems, issues and solutions
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you'll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution & exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.