Job description / Role
As the Senior Software Engineer, you will be part of the global engineering team responsible for delivering an end-to-end solution from initial concept through final solution leveraging cutting-edge technologies. The skills required span from coding to integrating several technologies across disparate platforms, along with leading teams and architecting solutions. This requires a deep understanding of systems, data structures, modern scripting and enterprise level languages as well as open source tools, micro-services architecture and people management.
Who you are
• You coordinate team activities and workload through tasks, milestone, and objective tracking along with metric reporting
• You research new and emerging technologies that may enable improvements in the product development
• You are hands on with coding, release management and testing
• You are a technical SME, leading design & architecture discussions.
• You favor automation over repetition.
• You are a Team-Player, collaborating with Product Management, QA, Dev Ops and other teams to design, build, test, and roll out.
• You are a promoter of best practices like TDD and Continuous Deployment.
• You are curious, researching new and emerging technologies that may enable improvements in the product development.
• You are analytical, assisting the product Management team by assessing technical feasibility and provide insights into the possible tech solutions, their implications and the required effort, maintaining and writing user stories.
• You transform ambiguity into clarity.
• You enjoy collaborating in a multicultural and diverse environment that expands to include various geographic locations.
• You have stellar communication skills, effectively expressing yourself. You convey and receive information in a clear, credible, and consistent manner.
What you'll need
• 7+ years knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented software engineering best practices.
• Deep knowledge in Enterprise Integration Patterns.
• Extensive experience in JAVA and Spring.
• Extensive experience designing Microservices architecture and developing Microservices.
• Experience integrating with Big Data solutions such as Elastic, Hadoop, Kafka and HBase.
• Experience in the development and deployment of production-grade Machine Learning pipelines.
• Experience with Graph databases, MongoDB and PostgreSQL.
• Experience with the TDD methodology and Java testing frameworks such as Junit and Mockito.
• Experience with Git as a version control system.
• At least 5 years of experience working using an Agile, Scrum-based, development process.
About the Company
Parisima specialises in building high performing workforces that improve business performance. Our experience has demonstrated that the most effective organisations view their employees as their most important asset and view Talent Management as a holistic end-to-end complementary process.
Whether it’s a partial or fully outsourced recruitment solution or a focus on a particular area of your talent acquisition cycle, our solutions are tailored to address your specific challenges. We are experts in optimising talent acquisition and resourcing functions to build high performing organisations with high performing individuals.
Through key strategic partnerships, Parisima is the only organisation in the Middle East that specialises in addressing the full employee lifecycle. This includes Hiring (talent acquisition, applicant-tracking systems, assessments for recruitment and development) and Retention (employee engagement surveys, employee recognition and reward programs and executive leadership programs).