Job description / Role
DarkMatter is developing a suite of communication applications covering encrypted voice, instant messaging, email and other in-transit data. Working in a fast paced environment, the successful Server Engineer will be responsible for software design, implementation, testing, debugging, and deployment of security-focused products and service
Working in a fast paced environment, the candidate will be responsible for software design, implementation, testing, and debugging, and deployment of security-focused products and services. We look for problem solvers who can anticipate problems, look beyond immediate issues, and take initiative to improve our software. We believe in short feedback loops, well-designed APIs, test driven development, automation wherever possible, to make sure we can minimize friction and focus on solving the big problems. The successful candidate will join a talented team of experienced software engineers, working on challenging projects.
In this role, you will:
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve client and server side security components
- Produce architecture, design and implementation that is secure, reliable, robust, modular, maintainable, scalable and efficient
- Collaborate with the team to define, design, and ship new features
- Consistently deliver on commitments on time and with quality
- Interest in learning about security and cryptography
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Development experience using Java, C, or C++.
- Strong knowledge of data structures, concurrency, modern design patterns, object-oriented software engineering best practices
- Familiarity with security and cryptogaphy
- Ability to implement complex algorithms
- Experience with performance and memory tuning
- Familiarity with development and configuration tools (Git, Jira, Jenkins, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with security architecture, cryptography and secure communication protocols
- Understanding of cryptographic algorithms
- Familiarity with common attack types
- Experience with secure development practices
We created KATIM, the world's most secure smart phone and communications suite, and we're looking ahead to what comes next. Our rapidly developing digital reality demands we look at and implement cyber security in a different way than we have in the past, and we are at the forefront of this "sea" change.
Our people define us. They are talented adventurers who are shaping the tech landscape from Abu Dhabi with their considerable expertise and experience. For them, DarkMatter is a place where they can make their cyber security dreams come true. We embrace and foster the entrepreneurial spirit that propels our people and our company forward. Our industry is ever evolving, and so are we.
Working in Abu Dhabi
Just off the Arab Gulf and right at the edge of your imagination, is a place where geniuses make their cyber security dreams come true.
At DarkMatter, we're turning our biggest ideas into reality in the fastest moving and most dynamic city on the planet. Working here, you'll lead technical innovation in the region while taking advantage of all Abu Dhabi has to offer. From first class healthcare and education, to superior living accommodations and cultural attractions, you'll find your ideal career and more in this global crossroads. The UAE is one of the safest and most secure areas in the world. And with its location between Europe, Africa and Asia, you'll expand your worldview in just a short flight. But you won't have to venture far from the city to experience its diversity. You'll find people of over 50 nationalities working at DarkMatter. Join us and see that while far away from the concrete tech jungle, Abu Dhabi is an oasis where your latest innovations will thrive and grow.
About the Company
DarkMatter is transforming the cyber security landscape. Headquartered in the UAE and operating globally, we're the region's first and only fully integrated digital defence and cyber security consultancy and implementation firm. Our elite team of global experts deliver advanced, next-generation solutions to governments and enterprises across the cyber security spectrum.
We help clients simplify the enormous complexity of today's ever-evolving cyber threats. Our vision is to protect the future by securing its technologies. Innovation and Research are cornerstones to our development and the activities in these areas underpin our entire range of offerings, including Secure Communications, Public Key Infrastructure and Big Data & Analytics products.
Software Engineer (C++)
|Abu Dhabi||3 Oct|
Junior IT Field Support Specialist
Software Engineer (Frontend)
|Abu Dhabi||3 Oct|
Senior Software Developer
A Leading Information Technology Company in Singapore
|Abu Dhabi||27 Aug|
Back End Software Engineer
Quest Search & Selection