Job description / Role
Software License Compliance Manager (MEA)
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- IBM is seeking a Software Licensing Manager responsible for managing the IBM Software License Review team in MEA. This position is responsible for managing all phases of the compliance process: identifying non-compliance, leading the software license review engagement, and resolving any discrepancies directly with the client. This process requires clear communication with clients as well as internally within IBM, analyzing client software entitlements and deployments, and resolving compliance situations fairly and accurately. The Licensing Manager protects IBM's intellectual Property and ensures
IBM receives fair payment for IBM Software. The ideal candidates will
- Have extensive background in software contracts and licensing metrics
- Have an in-depth large deal product pricing background
- Possess extensive Microsoft Excel skills
- Possess experience in managing highly complex deals with various components
- Have extensive background in professional negotiations with software products
- Manage complex customer relationships, and fairly consider all available evidence
- Manage the compliance end-to-end process, while maintaining positive customer relationships
- Possess strong communication skills (written and verbal), along with dispute resolution skills
- Maintain good relations with IBM Executives, client teams, software sales team .
- Work closely with the deal making team to maximize compliance revenue within ELA transactions
- Lead C suite discussions with external clients
- Manage the ESL team in MEA
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 5 years’ experience in applying knowledge and expertise with software products and contracts
- At least 5 years’ experience in developing customer relationships
- At least 5 years’ experience in leading external negotiations
- At least 5 years’ experience in applying knowledge and expertise with software pricing
- Readiness to travel 50% annually
- English: Fluent
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 10 years experience in developing customer relationships
- At least 10 years experience in leading external negotiations
- At least 10 years experience in applying knowledge and expertise with software pricing
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client's data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life at IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You at IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.