Job description / Role
• Prepare weekly and monthly reports for Progress, Safety, and Quality.
• Create and manage the construction schedule to ensure that commitments to the customer are met.
• Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones; proactively manage changes in scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
• Deep understanding of risk and value drivers in solar PV projects
• Manages preconstruction services by reviewing Owner's expectations/criteria, manages the entire preconstruction process
• Negotiates owner contract, coordinates with the design team and reviews design documents
• Identifies key subcontractors, promotes/participates in partnering sessions, investigates site, identifies long-lead items
• Develops bid packages, schedules, and creates a site utilization plan.
• Additionally, conducts pre-bid conferences, identifies project staffing requirements and provides value engineering ideas
• Develops and maintains financial reports, and sets up project schedule of values, prepares and processes monthly owners requisitions
• Prepares and distributes detailed project schedules, prepares resource loaded schedules, develops look ahead schedules
• Manages field operations, conducts trade preconstruction meetings, coordinates subs, vendors and permit inspections and maintains sub relationships
• Manage the Project Team including the Contractors, the Owner-Engineer, the on-site Construction Management Team, and the on-site team including site management, safety, logistics, and quality control.
• Bachelor's degree in construction management, solar, renewable energy, engineering or related discipline
• Minimum 7-10 years of experience as a Project Manager within the Solar/EPC construction industry
• Strong computer skills are a necessity, including familiarity with construction project management applications
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills and are required to interface directly with owners' representatives, and other team members
• Strong leadership skills are required including, but not limited to coaching, mentoring and the ability to build and maintain motivated teams
• Highly developed project management skills are required
• Able to prioritize time and effort to deliver the greatest impact
• Minimum 5 years of project management experience in the commercial and utility-scale solar PV field is required, including direct experience managing projects in excess of 100 MW
• Based Dubai, Business trips to Pakistan, Oman, Saudi Arabia
About the Company
POWERCHINA HUADONG ENGINEERING CORPORATION LIMITED (hereinafter referred to as “POWERCHINA HUADONG”), founded in 1954, is a state-owned key enterprise affiliated to the world’s Top 500 enterprises, Power Construction Corporation of China (POWERCHINA). Headquartered in Hangzhou, POWERCHINA HUADONG has its branches in China, and overseas offices in UAE, Indonesia, Mexico, Vietnam, Ukraine, Philippines, Turkey, Nigeria, Kenya, Pakistan, and Ethiopia.
As a national high-tech enterprise, POWERCHINA HUADONG has been ranked among the Top 100 Chinese investigation and design enterprises regarding comprehensive strength since the 1990s, and has been listed in the Top 60 Design Firms jointly compiled and published by Engineering News-Record (ENR) of USA McGraw Hill Construction and Construction Times for consecutive years since 2006.
Since its establishment, POWERCHINA HUADONG has undertaken the planning, survey, design, consulting and other work for more than 100 large and medium-sized hydropower and water conservancy projects at home and abroad.
|Abu Dhabi||15 May|
Currie & Brown
|Abu Dhabi||15 Mar|
Ignite Search & Selection
Operations & Maintenance (O&M) Manager - Solar Energy/PV
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)