Job description / Role
What you will do
The Solutions Architect will be reporting directly to the Associate Director, Data Enabled Business GCC. You will be part of a team who is focused on harnessing the power of cloud, data analytics, the Internet of Things, and user design thinking to deliver on the promise of intelligent buildings and smart cities that connect communities in ways that make people's lives - and the world - better.
As a Solution Architect you will work with customers and partners to conceive, design and implement technology solutions and map the business requirements to systems/technical requirements to ensure they are in line with the enterprise architectural plan. You will partner with business and technology leaders at Johnson Controls and with our customers to help them pick the best technical architecture to solve their business needs.
How you will do it
* As an experienced Solution Architect you will be using your technical expertise to review, interpret and respond to detailed business requirements specifications (BRS) to ensure alignment between customer expectations and current or future ICT capability and provide mentoring and training to peers and other colleagues in the organization.
* You will be assisting the sales personnel in the qualification of customer needs and performing pre-demo needs analysis and generate product demo scripts and scenarios and maintain demonstration environment.
* You act as the subject matter expert at Executive briefings / marketing events and also provide input to the strategic direction of technology investments to assist in the development of the enterprise architecture and maximize the return on technology investment within the agreed enterprise architecture, define and design technology solutions to assist the business in meeting their business objectives and develop, test and implement technology solutions and report on delivery commitments to ensure solutions are implemented as expected and to agreed timeframes.
* As a Solution Architect You will be the point of contact for the business leaders about how technology can enable reaching their goals or pursue new opportunities, with a CIO about technology costs and benefits, with an architect about building applications out of services, application security models, role based access control, or messaging patterns, with an IT Professional about application monitoring and continuous deployment, and with a developer about the code.
* This role requires an individual with very strong hands-on experience with technology and skills in communication, negotiation, and project management to enable the success of critical projects.
* You will also need to work closely with Product Managers in their feature areas to ensure that customer requirements are thoroughly understood and reflected in future product releases.
* You will also specifies and designs large or complex systems, selects appropriate design standards, methods and tools, consistent with agreed enterprise and solution architectures and ensures they are applied effectively, review others' systems designs to ensure selection of appropriate technology, efficient use of resources, and integration of multiple systems and technology.
* Contributes to policy for selection of architecture components and also evaluates and undertakes impact analysis on major design options and assesses and manages associated risks. You will ensure that the system design balances functional, service quality and systems management requirements.
* You will be focused, to identify system, infrastructure and project inter-dependencies and balance competing demands to ensure project deliverables are achieved.
What we look for
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/ Electrical/Mechanical/Electronics /Instrumentation
* Minimum 3 years of experience working with Cloud technologies (Azure/AWS)
* Minimum 3 years building RESTful services in a micro-services architecture
* Minimum 3 years of experience working with PaaS solutions on Azure or AWS cloud
* Experience with the design and development of object-oriented systems, developing solutions, and integrating, extending, and contributing to Open-Source software
* Fluent in English
* Azure Cloud Certifications
* Minimum 4 years of experience with developing software in C#.NET
* Experienced in architecting Cloud environments, including Azure or Amazon AWS
* Experienced in data serialization systems
* Experienced in designing automated analytic software, techniques, and algorithms
About the Company
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 120,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities.
Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.