Job description / Role
Robert Half have partnered with one of the regions premier retail and lifestyle clients who are undergoing transformation across all sectors of the group. Current requirements are for various short-term contracts to bolster current technical capability and adopt the latest technologies.
The client is constantly focusing on operational excellence by continuously identifying opportunities to maximize efficiency and effectiveness across teams, functions and businesses.
Solutions architect provides the necessary leadership, analysis and design tasks related to the development of end to end solutions architecture. This individual oversees the design of enterprise solutions and creates deliverables that ensures solutions - including systems (applications, processes and information), shared infrastructure services, and shared application services and components to better match targeted business outcome objectives.
Solution architect guides application design and defines application architecture paradigms, such as service-oriented architecture (SOA), principles that influence design decisions and patterns that provide proven design solutions.
* Capture, document and maintain the solutions architecture across the group.
* Assessment of the existing platforms and systems in each area (ex: eCommerce, CRM, MDM, ERP, etc.) and to choose technology to be adopted based on a business case considering business needs, current status, inflight projects, contractual constraints, cost and risks
* Drive, establish and operate the solution governance body to ensure efficiency and business value realization.
* Understand business drivers and business capabilities (future and current state) and determine corresponding technology platform designs and change requirements to drive the organization's targeted business outcomes.
* Ensure continuous alignment between implemented solutions and the to-be Enterprise architecture.
* Design the future reference architectures that best serves the organization's strategic objectives and digital initiatives.
* Manage and develop the architecture for a broader scope of projects, working closely with application architects (from different IT Teams and/or vendors) that manage and design architecture for a technology platform.
* Provide consulting support to application architects within projects to ensure the project is aligned with the overall enterprise architecture.
* Monitor the current-state solution portfolio to identify deficiencies through aging of the technologies used by the application, or misalignment with business requirements.
* Understand technology trends and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operating models.
* Understand, advocate and augment the principles of digital business platform.
* Analyse the business-IT environment (run, grow and transform the business) to detect critical deficiencies, and recommend solutions for improvement (systems of record, differentiation and innovation).
* Define the principles, guidelines, standards and solution patterns to ensure solution decisions are aligned with the future-state enterprise architecture.
* Facilitate the evaluation and selection of software product standards and services, as well as the design of standard and custom software configurations.
* Identify the organizational impact (for example, on skills, processes, structures or culture) and financial impact of the shared solutions architecture.
* Work closely with the program management office (PMO) or project management office to ensure the execution of program roadmap.
* Manage projects related to Architecture and Governance functions setup as well as the implementation of new IT services as required.
* Provide input to the strategic direction of technology investments to assist in the development of the enterprise architecture and maximize the return on technology investment
* Produces detailed component specifications and translates these into detailed designs for implementation using selected products.
* Provides advice on technical aspects of system development and integration (including requests for changes, deviations from specifications, etc.) and ensures that relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices are applied correctly
* Evaluates and undertakes impact analysis on major design options and assesses and manages associated risks. Ensures that the system design balances functional, service quality and systems management requirements.
* Explore a range of possibilities and creative alternatives to contribute to systems, process and business improvements.
* Ability to translate future-state business capabilities and requirements into solution architecture requirements
* Ability to propose and estimate the financial impact of solution architecture alternatives
* Implement systems and processes that underpin high quality research and analysis.
* Deep understanding of current and emerging technologies and how other enterprises are employing them to drive digital business, and how they may be applied to the enterprise to drive digital business.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience creating and delivering compelling presentations to executive audiences inside and outside the company.
Candidates who are immediately available for 6 month contracts need apply.
About the Company
Founded in 1948, Robert Half International Inc. (NYSE symbol: RHI) is the world\'s first and largest specialized staffing firm and a member of the S&P 500 index. We are a global leader in professional staffing and consulting services and the parent company of Protiviti, a leading independent internal audit and business and technology risk consulting firm. For 2006, Robert Half International reported revenues of $4 billion and now has staffing and consulting operations in more than 400 locations worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
IT Project Manager
HR Source Consulting