Job description / Role
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you’ll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP is looking for a Solutions Development Manager who will think creatively to find the best/appropriate solution(s) to issues, problems, business process enhancements and new modern approaches to old ways of working.
• Manage a team of developers
• Manage project sponsor timely reports and project updates
• Ensure the team are following an appropriate SDLC, with discipline
• Provide day to day guidance to the team on projects and coding standards
• Provide development guidance and coaching to optimum performance using modern tools
• Peer review work of the team
• Gives frequent and timely feedback to direct reports
• Work closely with key business stakeholders on the pipeline, and backlog of work.
• Maintains a balance of committing to BAU task and ongoing projects
• Is the gatekeeper for SDLC compliance and governance and controls
• Supports items for release management and thru Change Advisory Board
• Have an agile and scrum based approach to software development, with defined controls and check-points
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
• Relevant qualification in IT
• Solid understanding of object-oriented programming.
• 5+ years of experience in developing solutions using Microsoft .NET, C# & ASP.NET, MVC and Web Api.
• 2+ years of experience in using Front end framework (Angular/React.js).
• Good understand and experience in designing data driven applications and dashboards.
• SQL Server and SQL reading and writing
• SharePoint development experience is desirable
• Relevant software development experience
• Relevant managerial skills
• Project management skills/qualification
• Effective presentation and communication skills
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance?
What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous days annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.