Job description / Role
Spa Manager - Dubai
We are Chalhoub Group, a leading family business in the world of beauty, fashion and gifts. We have blended our Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury to offer service excellence to all our partners and a unique experience to all our customers for over 60 years
As we continue to grow, it's our vision to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
Our passionate teams drive our vision forward, without them, we couldn't create luxury experiences for our customers. Through opportunities, development and support, we empower each and every employee to achieve their career goals - and beyond. It's an exciting journey we're on, and one you could be part of.
What we are looking for: Spa Manager
As the Spa Manager who will be responsible for managing a large multi-cultural team within a busy medical clinic. You will be dedicated to achieving business results through management of team, income generation and ensuring that implementation of the company's policies and procedures is maintained.
What you'll do:
- The team size in the clinic is 3 podiatrists, 8 nail technicians and 1 receptionist. Within this role you will be overseeing the team as well as building relationships with clients and managing the daily running's of the clinic.
- You will ensure a strong work ethic is maintained throughout the team and manage employee productivity and performance by ensuring all team members are consistently upselling.
- Motivate and support the Podiatrists and Nail Technicians through their individual line targets and monitor performance vs. targets on a monthly basis and individual development by setting individual incentives.
- Ensure that each team members talents are identified, developed and proposed and implementation of promotion and recruitment is put into place when necessary.
- You will maintain team development by carrying out regular 1-1s and ensure that new and existing staff are always trained.
- Ensure that performance management of QPR's and PDR's (setting objectives and individual assessment) is performed according to Group's standards and correctly communicated to staff.
- Validate monthly individual rewards and commission for team, where applicable.
- Monitor the needs for training staff and ensure they are identified and addressed throughout the year
- Monitor that gaps in back-store operations revealed by SORT are raised by receptionist or manager and coordinate with Store Operations team to improve daily running's of the spa.
- Ensure that personnel administration requests of team are addressed in time.
- Ensure that disciplinary actions for team are performed as per Group's due diligence process or escalated when needed.
- Act as the product champion and the link between back-office/ brand and the team.
- Ensure new products/new ranges are properly explained to team.
- Excel in extensive diary management, system management and column management and keep accurate administration records detailing attendance, sickness, holidays, rosters and training.
- Be responsible for controlling budgets and financial planning.
- Create monthly financial reports to record profits achieved, store budget targets and team KPIs in order to review the businesses performance on a monthly basis to implement strategies for improvement.
- Effectively manage & control store expenses.
Promote delivery of exceptional Guest Experience & build customer loyalty
- Establish a strong customer service atmosphere and maintain standards and expectations through client feedback.
- Deal with guest complaints and provide the correct advice and coaching to team.
- Promptly resolve issues and problems faced by customers and successfully deal with complaints.
- Monitor that all transactions above average have been linked to customer names.
- Ensure guests are familiar with the Chalhoub loyalty program 'Muse' and that the team are confident in discussing the app with guests.
- Ensure that spa employees are properly trained and coached in guest service excellence.
- Ensure the team are kept up to date on company brand and products to help them deliver exceptional guest experience along with building customer loyalty.
Manage store top line & gross margin achievement
- Ensure that annual and monthly sales target per department are properly communicated to Podiatrists, Nail Technicians on time
- Review monthly how to address low performance of Podiatrists and Nail Technician's, as when needed
- Motivate and align spa staff on objectives by performing monthly team meetings in store and adapt the monthly theme to business requirements (e.g. events, new product launches, etc)
- Control discounts by categories of customers (e.g. staff discounts)
Effectively manage store operations
- Make sure that the spa is properly staffed and monitor that administrative responsibilities are assigned.
- Ensure that monthly rosters are created in advance for pre bookings satisfaction.
- Monitor that rosters are correctly performed by team.
- Address immediately issues of staffing revealed by daily SORT.
- Escalate need of staffing to Store Manager whenever appropriate.
- Monitor that issues raised by daily SORT are solved on time and properly.
- Coordinate with Store Operations team in case of operational issues disrupting/threatening sale performance.
- Ensure that back-store operations are correctly performed in stores by performing daily check-lists within the spa.
- Review overall compliance of spa to Store Operations team and decide jointly on action plan.
- Coordinate with Store Operations team for proper solution to operational issues disrupting sales.
- Keep copy of yearly supplies for budget expenses.
- In charge of product stock levels and maintaining sufficient stock coverage at all times.
- Working with the purchase teams to receive stock in timely manner, so not to damage sales.
- Liaise with Government Affairs and HR teams to make sure required permits and paperwork for the spa to be operational are up to date
- Ensure yearly renewal of insurances, product registrations and product certificates etc have been carried out.
Assortment, Visual Merchandising and Marketing
- Responsible for organizing and hosting new product launch events and personally dealing with press, editors and influencers along with support for the marketing team.
- Monitor and sign off VM activities that are executed in spa in accordance to the brand.
- Monitor that Marketing activities are executed in the spa.
- Monitor that Marketing activities in the spa are performed according to marketing plan and report to Store Manager and Head of marketing when necessary.
- Ensure that products in store are displayed as per Brand's guidelines.
Store Inventory Management
- Responsible of stock variance in spa along with the spa staff.
- Support annual stock take and cycle counting by stores.
- Monitor that stock discrepancies and other variances in stores are addressed on time and as per group's guidelines.
What you need to succeed in this role:
We see success in the role as having a strong knowledge of the luxury consumer, the competitive landscape of the luxury industry, and an in-depth understanding of the evolving media and digital landscape in order to drive the brand vision regionally and globally, constantly elevating our ability to acquire new customers, retaining existing customers and continuing to drive sales in the luxury/lifestyle category through consumable content.
More specifically, we would love to hear from you if you can say yes to the below...
- 2+ years' experience in beauty/ spa management.
- Knowledge of podiatry/ nail treatments is preferable
- Professional and dedicated to delivering a top-quality service to customers enthusiastically
- A team player, capable of building strong and professional relationships with customers and colleagues
- In possession of exceptional people skills dealing with all customers in a warm and friendly manner
- Be able to work under pressure and have good time management skills
- Be prepared to work hard towards the achievement of retail/ sales targets
As a key role in the organization, Spa Managers must display a capacity to fully stand the values of Chalhoub Group with a strong focus on Leadership:
- Respect - Fairness, Integrity, Humility,
- Excellence - Role Model, Commitment and Efficiency
- Entrepreneurial Spirit - Leadership, Ingenuity and Team Spirit.
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you'll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution & exclusive employee discounts!
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.