Job description / Role
Raffles the Palm Dubai is on the western crescent of Palm Jumeirah, the world's largest manmade island and archipelago. This luxurious five-star hotel with 391 spacious rooms, suites and villas is embellished with hand-crafted Italian touches and offset by carefully selected amenities to complete the atmosphere of elegance. Guests can enjoy panoramic views, a private beach, state of the art entertainment and recreational facilities, including specialist boutiques, a VIP movie theatre, signature and private restaurants complemented by exquisite banqueting and conference spaces.
When visiting Raffles, guests will discover the individual personality and story offered by the hotel. At the essence of every Raffles is the delivery of thoughtful, personal and discreet service to well-travelled guests. Raffles Hotels & Resorts is an award-winning, luxury international hotel company with a history dating back to 1887 with the opening of Raffles Hotel, Singapore. The portfolio currently comprises eleven luxurious properties, from secluded resorts to city hotels in key locations around the world.
This position encompasses three roles - spa desk, telephone appointment booking and spa host. This person will be working in all three positions in a rotating manner.
Handle all Guests in a professional, courteous manner and serve as the facility's first impression to Guests and members. Spa Receptionist is responsible for the overall operation of the reception area, telephones and hosting and will provide efficient and courteous service to Guests/Members at all times.
- Answer telephone inquiries promptly and professionally and channel to appropriate person for assistance.
- Greet members and Guests in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Escort Guest as required.
- Knowledgeable about all aspects of treatments and the facility.
- Knowledgeable in a spa therapy
- Provide information and literature about facility in person and via telephone.
- Control entry into all areas of facility by restricting all unauthorised individuals.
- Collect moneys or other suitable payment from clients for all services rendered.
- Operate point of sale system.
- Treatment bookings/scheduling.
- Clerical duties.
- Give tours of spa, as required.
- Ensure smooth operation of reception.
- Respond to inquiries by phone and in person, providing complete details of all spa aspects.
- Handle special assignments.
- Co-ordinate sales packets, when needed.
- Maintain office files/records.
- Assist in the administration and implementation of staff training in reception operations i.e. business telephone usage, guest relations, retail sales, spa services (massage, loofah, facial, etc.).
- Assist in the operation of all spa departments:
- Salon; Boutique
- Sales and Marketing
- Maintain inventory and stocking of all reception materials.
- Effective coverage of receptions.
- Adherence to Standard Operating Procedures Manual.
- Maintain inventory of supplies for the administration of the reception.
- Maintain accurate records as required by provincial regulations.
- Conduct selection interviews for new hires as and when required.
- Attend weekly/monthly Front of House departmental communication meetings.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Follow and ensure that all Colleagues follow all safety procedures and practices.
- Adherence to reception department emergency procedures/safety manual.
- Ensure all departments adhere to all safety practices of Raffles Spas.
- Maintain the reception in peak condition at all times, while adhering to all aspects of the operations budget, including payroll.
- Maintain accurate accounting procedures for cash transactions and reconcile all transactions at the end of the work shift.
- Ensure spa reception department maintains a positive relationship with all departments in the spa and hotel.
- Ensure Colleagues have a complete understanding of and adhere to the spa's policy relating to safety.
- Ensure all Colleagues adhere to all spa standards as stated in the employee handbook.
- Ensure the facility is in peak condition at all times (operations and cleanliness).
- Ensure Guest/Member satisfaction at all times by ensuring that safety and service is always the spa's first priority.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Degree in hospitality or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in spa industry or hospitality.
- Basic Accounting.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel.
- Safety oriented First Aid.
- CPR - Basic Rescuer.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
A Leading Company In UAE
RTC-1 Employment Services
HR Admin Assistant & Receptionist
Front Office Assistant
Dubai Parks and Resorts