Job description / Role
The NSSTC is looking to hire a Systems Engineer to support the development of NSSTC Space mission projects and R&D activities
- The systems engineer is expected to be involved in the development of NSSTC's satellites systems, both platform and payloads.
- The role involved defining mission scenario and system requirements from customer (internal or external) inputs what may be at a very high level, e.g. science or technology driven, typically defined as Level 0 requirements, and interpreting them and braking them down to lower levels of requirements, System level 1 down to component level 5.
- The system engineer should be capable to grasp what is involved in the various disciplines that make up the system, (for example the Spacecraft) and how they relate to each other.
- The system engineer should be able to perform system level analysis including early project phase budgetary estimates to include, sub-systems accommodation, mass, volume, power, communications link budget, as well as trajectory and orbital analysis, to include the development of the CONOPS (Concept of Operations) or at least be able to set up the necessary requirements for the engineers with the relevant skills to do so.
- More importantly the person should be able to make an assessment of the validity of such analysis and perform tradeoffs of various options for implementing the system and its sub-systems.
- The role requires the ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team that will be engaged in the design and development of CubeSats and Small Spacecraft. As an engineer you will be asked to perform a variety of tasks related to the development of projects within the NSSTC in addition to those listed above but not limited to: managing the and tracking requirement changes and how they will be validated, supporting the assessment of project risks, maintaining and updating budgetary data, while ensuring that sufficient margins are available at the various project life cycle. Tracking project schedule and cost. Planning for and requesting manpower resourcing to ensure that project stays on track. Support the development of model philosophy and AIT strategy. Ensure that launch and post launch activities, including launcher requirements and procurement, are considered and accounted for.
- Support the team during the various stages of project developments including integration and environmental testing.
- Provide support during mission operations, including initial in-orbit functional validation and functional performance. Ability to analyses problems and faults remotely when the Spacecraft is in orbit.
- Be able to support the Mission operations team in the generation solution approaches and related commands to be implemented and transmitted to the spacecraft when necessary.
- The ability to work with students at UAE University as a mentor is required. Travel may be required - both domestic and international.- The position is located at the NSSTC facility in Al Ain. Compensation based on experience level.
- Bsc Space systems, Aerospace engineering, System engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Electronic and/or electrical engineering, mechanical Engineering, Physics from an accredited institution
- MSc or higher degree and practical hand on experience in any of the following: Space systems, Aerospace engineering, System engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Electronic and/or electrical engineering, mechanical Engineering, Physics from an accredited institution
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.