Job description / Role
Our client, a large medical facility, is looking for a Special Education Teacher to be based in Abu Dhabi. In this role, you will have the following responsibilities:
• Provide Special Education services (virtual and/or face to face) in accordance with the standard of the facility.
• Demonstrate knowledge of specialized methodology for teaching students with disabilities
• Demonstrate knowledge of specialized curriculum
• Demonstrate knowledge of Assistive Technologies
• Facilitate Teams for students with special needs
• Write and Implement student program
• Compile and Maintain Special Education Compliant Files
• Conduct assessments as needed for special education eligibility
• Monitor and report progress toward the facilities Goals and Objectives
• Complete all activities required for compliance with the facility
• Maintain accurate special education records
• Submit required reports and documentation to administration
• Support students and parents with student placement, curriculum, and instructional issues
• Keep detailed documentation from parent/student conferences
• Alert administrators of any concerns about student progress and/or truancy
• Promptly send information from administration to families in class
To be considered for this role, you need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor’s degree in Special Education
• Shared view of the school's mission
• Strong working knowledge of IDEA requirements
• An ability to support and guide adults, as well as students
• Strong written and verbal communication skills • Organization and time-management skills
• Proficiency in Excel, Word, and Outlook, and experience using them in a professional capacity
• Flexible schedule
• Experience working with the proposed age groups
• An understanding of home schooling environments
• Experience using Internet search engines
• Experience using a student information system and/or other type of database
• An ability to learn new technology tools quickly (e.g., database and web-based tools)
• An ability to support adults with basic computer set-up and navigation
Candidates based outside UAE are welcome to apply.
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.