Job description / Role
In a never before seen experience, Dubai Parks and Resorts hosts MOTIONGATE Dubai - a destination that brings visitors in direct contact with their favorite characters and stories. We are inviting everyone to play a part and as a team member of MOTIONGATE Dubai, you'll enjoy all the fun that comes with an exciting career. You'll work with a cast of amazingly talented and inspiring people in a job that's so immersive it hardly feels like work. Come and work with an exciting team where we all play a vital part in the story - whether you choose a role serving the delicious food, to maintaining equipment, performing in costume or operating a ride. Whatever your chosen vocation you will help tell compelling, enduring stories and create memories for our guests that will last a lifetime.
Play Your Part
The Entertainment Scheduler provides to all performance artists within Motiongate Dubai their weekly performance-based schedules, rehearsals and entertainment grids. Coordinate with relevant department in regards to leave management and work related injuries. Assisting in the day to day operations of entertainment team in coordination with other department. Communicate effectively on necessary daily operational changes relating to the entertainment program / shows. The Entertainment Scheduler plays a key and vital role of the link between performance artists and in coordination with other departments, representing the artistic companies interests in a professional and exemplary manner at all time. Needs to provide assistance in the planning of park-wide entertainment and its successful operation
- Work directly with HR and Risk and Insurance departments in the filing of Work-Related Injury Claims from performance artists employed by Motiongate Dubai.
- Ensure company paperwork and all relevant medical expenses are submitted in a timely manner and the reimbursement processed accordingly.
- Create and maintain the weekly rehearsal schedules and performance schedules for both Motiongate Dubai
- Maintaining a fair and even spread of performance roles throughout the artistic company in relation to their individual approved roles.
- With the Production Manager, create and distribute weekly entertainment grids for Motiongate Dubai.
- Compile and distribute all call-in related information received via the entertainment base call-in line to the relevant entertainment business unit.
- Document and track individual monthly employee absences as they relate to work related injuries and / or sick days, ensuring all instances of these items are applied for in Oracle in a timely manner.
- Assist performance artists with any company related issues they may have, including but not limited to: lieu days, shift requests, leave requests and physiotherapy consultations.
- Maintain time & attendance records and schedules in system to ensure compliance with HR and Payroll regulations and timelines for monthly payroll.
- Distribute pertinent and relevant company information to all performance artists as stipulated by the Production Manager and / or HR.
- Assists in building/maintaining FYI's and status reports on performance related items.
- Act as first point of contact for addressing performance artist scheduling issues in a positive and professional manner.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Execute and maintain policies, procedures and processes for the respective function/department and ensure reviewing and keeping the existing ones updated as part of the 'continuous process improvement'.
- Maintain relevant electronic systems to bring efficiency and effectiveness to existing processes.
- Interface with DPR internal and external clients in a professional and courteous manner.
- Must be able to adapt to an ever-changing work environment.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be requested by the management team.
Are You a Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria:
- Should have Bachelors / Professional Degree or minimum five years equivalent theme park, theatrical, cruise ship experience in similar field
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals.
- Minimum 2 years experience in theme parks and/ professional theater / entertainment events management
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- Advanced English Skills- both written and spoke
- People and time management
- Ability to communicate with all kinds of people
- Great problem solver
- Ability to work well in a high pressured and fast paced environment
- BA Theater Degree
- Minimum 5 years experience in theme parks and/ professional theater / entertainment events management
- Ability to navigate well on both PC and Mac computers
- Ability to adapt to an ever changing work environment
- Ability to work with many different artistic personalities and staff
- Ability to juggle several different tasks and job responsibilities at the same time
- Well versed with ERP Systems (Oracle Employee Self Services, Oracle Time & Attendance)
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which will be around AED. 5500/- Per Month, this includes; housing allowance, & other utilities allowance. Also provides others benefits which includes; annual flight allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances.
We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||14 Sep|
Front Office Assistant
Dubai Parks and Resorts
Specialist - Human Resources
Dubai Parks and Resorts