Job description / Role
AED Negotiable Tax Free Package
Digby Morris’ client has consistently been recognised as one of the world’s leading engineering and architectural consultancies. With expertise in planning, management, design and supervision, the consultancy counts more than 13,000 employees and operates across 40 countries. The organisation has an impressive project portfolio, including major infrastructure projects and iconic buildings, having served both the public and private sectors.
Owing to significant restructuring the company has multiple vacancies for Sr. Specification Writers in the following engineering:- Architectural, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, Telecom, Geotechnical AND Landscape / Environmental / Transportation.
• Possess thorough familiarity with British and/or European Specification formats and standards.
• Well-aware of the UAE codes and regulations i.e. Dubai Municipality, Trakhees, Dubai Civil Defense, Sa’afat, Estidama, etc.
• Ability to review and analyse construction drawings and documents while also developing and maintaining office-wide quality control standards.
• Demonstrate exceptional knowledge in his are of specifications, materials and construction methods.
• Have significant prior experience with LEED certified projects and an awareness of both regional and local sustainability standards. The ideal candidate will be LEED-AP qualified.
• Team players, capable of supervising and supporting design and technical staff in the preparation of contract documents.
• Have knowledge of master specification compilation and updating
• All vacancies attract highly competitive packages inclusive of tax free basic salary, housing & transportation allowances, flights, visas costs & medical
• Preference will be given to candidates already in the UAE
• Degree from a well-recognized university or institute in relevant field.
• Registered member of a relevant professional body (CSI, BSI, CIPS etc.).
• 15+ years specification writing experience, with at least 5 of those spent in the UAE using NES, CSI or European equivalent formats.
• Excellent working knowledge of building materials and construction technology.
• Good working knowledge of current contract law as it applies to construction.
• Good computer skills with MS Office software suite.
About the Company
Digby Morris one of the first choice recruitment consultancies operating within the property and construction industry. Offering expertise in executive search & selection, contingency recruitment, interim management and contract placements as well as a comprehensive range of specialist consulting services, we understand that every clients requirement is different and tailor each project to our clients\\' needs.
We specialise solely in the placement of property and construction professionals from graduates to senior managers, partners and main board directors. To date our clients have included:
- Private Practices
- Leisure Operators
- Financial Institutions
- House Builders
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
Quantity Surveyor (Infrastructure)
|Abu Dhabi||25 Mar|
Project Director - On Site
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)