Job description / Role
• Over 5 years of experience in developing BI applications utilizing SQL/PLSQL, BI stack, Power BI or Tableau.
• Proficient in using MS Power BI to design and create dashboards and reports
• Involved in Business Analysis of the OLTP and OLAP data and in decision support. Extensive database programming.
• Experienced in Building SSAS Cubes and Dimensions with different Architectures and Data Sources for Business Intelligence and writing MDX Scripts
• Experience in writing T-SQL Stored procedures, Triggers, Constraints, and Indexes using various DDL and DML commands.
• Developed T-SQL scripts for performing automation tasks, Performed and fine-tuned Stored
• Procedures and SQL Queries and User Defined Functions.
• Strong knowledge of Data Warehousing methodologies and including star schemas, snowflakes concepts.
• Used N-tier architecture for presentation layer, the business and the data access layers and were coded using C#, worked with agile methodology for application development.
• Generated ad-hoc reports in Excel Power Pivot and sheared them using Power BI to the decision makers for strategic planning.
• Proficient in Creating, configuring workflows designed in MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
• Experience in Reporting Services, Power BI (Dashboard Reports), Crystal Reports, SSRS using MS SQL Server and in supporting services MDX technology of the analysis services
• Proficient in designing and scheduling complex SSIS Packages for transferring data from multiple data sources and integrates data based on business logic and to load it in data warehouse.
• Designed ETL using SSIS Packages to reprocess any date data at any time using Reprocess Logic.
• Developing C# scripts in SSIS and automating tasks using C#.
• Maintaining the Log and Audit information in SQL tables, experienced in providing Logging, Error
• Handling by using Event Handler for SSIS Packages.
• Having knowledge in Dimensional Data Modelling, Cube development and manipulations in SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
• Designing current Oracle database by adding tables, relationships, creating stored procedures, views and performance tuning of SQL queries and stored procedures
• Developed SQL queries /scripts to validate the data such as checking duplicates, null values, truncated values and ensuring correct data aggregations.
• Performed data quality analysis using advanced SQL skills. Performed Count Validation, Dimensional Analysis, Statistical Analysis and Data Quality Validation in Data Migration.
• Extensive SQL querying on Staging, Data warehouse and Data Mart.
• Explored data in a variety of ways and across multiple visualizations using Power BI.
• Strategic expertise in design of experiments, data collection, analysis and visualization
• Designed Power BI data visualization utilizing cross tabs, maps, scatter plots, pie, bar and density charts.
• Involved designing SSAS 2012 Cubes and building attribute relationships for optimal MDX query performance of Hierarchies and Fact Dimensions.
• Implemented Power BI gateway different source to matching analysis criteria and further modeling for Power Pivot and Power View
• Experienced in designing and developing SSRS reports using data from ETL Loads, SSAS Cubes and various heterogeneous data sources.
• Have knowledge of Big Data Technologies like Hadoop, Cosmos etc.
• Excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Proficient in technical writing and presentations and a good team player.
• Strong investigative and troubleshooting skills.
• Programming Languages - Java, C#, C, HTML
• Databases – Oracle 11G, SQL Server, MYSQL
• Operating Systems – Windows, Linux
• Tools and Software - JIRA, GIT, Oracle, TOAD, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Microsoft SQL Server data tools, SQL server BID Studio 2008, SQLServer Management Studio 2012/2008, Performance Point Server 2010, Power BI
About the Company
Alpha Data, is the leading system integrator with over 30 years track record. Founded in 1981, Alpha Data has grown from two employees to a 700-strong workforce building ICT infrastructure solutions for thousands of organizations.
Alpha Data works with its clients though a combination of deep-level business and technical expertise, an extensive knowledge of today’s technologies, and a mature, highly capable delivery and services infrastructure. Alpha Data’s offerings help our customers improve processes, reduce data centre and infrastructure costs, manage risk and governance and enhance top-line revenue. Our business approach is based on establishing long-term partnerships that encourage success through mutual benefit.
Alpha Data has established strong industry ties, with the highest level of accreditation achieved with HP, Microsoft, Avaya, Cisco, Belden and Juniper in addition to an eco-system of complementary vendors. This enables Alpha Data to deliver a breadth of best-of-breed solutions to its customers through our teams of pre-sales, post sales, project implementation and support experts. Alpha Data has won the Systems Integrator of the Year Award at two of the region’s leading technology awards - CPI’s Reseller Middle East Partner Excellence Awards and ITP’s Network Middle East Innovation Awards, respectively and has always maintained a top position in the list of system integrators in UAE.
Business Intelligence Analyst
IT Engineer - Male
M.Gheewala Global HR Consultants
Application Data Analyst & Insight Specialist
|Abu Dhabi||9 Dec|