Job description / Role
• Assist the Head of Internal Audit in preparing a risk- based annual audit plan detailing the scope, nature and timing of audit activities
• Undertake comprehensive planning and risk assessments relating to each assignment to ensure that the engagement identifies potential business risks
• Design internal audit procedures and programs to ensure that detailed audit work is effectively focused on areas assessed as high risk, thus ensuring maximum payback from the assignment.
• Lead and conduct audit assignments in line with the Internal Audit plan and within the budgeted time in a professional manner, adopting the best audit practices and appropriate audit techniques
• Lead and guide the internal audit team on conducting interviews, reviewing documentation, developing and administering surveys, composing summary memos and preparing working papers, as well as perform the same.
• Supervise process documentation to identify key risk especially fraud risks and controls in place to address those risks
• Review the accuracy, timeliness and relevance of financial information and other disclosures provided to management.
• Ensure that audit observations and recommendations are clearly presented to and agreed to by management and that a subsequent audit report is issued promptly.
• Compile draft Internal Audit Report according to the required standards
• Ensure quality standards in internal audit review and reports
• Monitor the timely implementation of all agreed upon audit recommendations
• Provide regular updates about the audit status, key concern areas observed during audit execution
• Prepare/review draft reports and discuss the result of the review with related Business / Department Heads
• Prepare/ review quarterly progress reports on planned audits and implementation of corrective actions
The incumbent must have excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as excellent report writing skills. To exercise discretion in the review of records to ensure confidentiality of all matters that come to attention.
• Define performance goals at the start of the year in discussion with the reporting manager and ensure that the goals are achieved during the course of the year
• Take ownership of his/her own learning agenda by identifying development needs in consultation with the manager and agreeing on the individual development plan which goes beyond just training and development
• Keep abreast of professional developments, new techniques and current issues through continued education and professional growth
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounts/Business Management
• Needed - Professional qualification – ACA/CPA/ACCA or equivalent
• Preferable - Certification in Auditing principles – CIA/CFE or equivalent
• 10-12 years of relevant experience with 4-5 years in Real Estate, Property Development, Hospitality industry
• Experience in working on ERP – JDE
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
• Strong interpersonal skills – ability to work closely with people at all levels of the organization and facilitate the implementation of corrective action
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Integrated Internal Auditing Process, Tools and Methodologies
• Risk Modelling and Assessment Techniques
• International Accounting Practices
• Professional Auditing Standards
• Knowledge of local laws & regulations
• MS Office Skills
About the Company
A leading group in UAE.
A Leading Group In UAE
A Government Entity in the Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah
|Ras Al Khaimah||4 Feb|
Finance Officer / Head
A Leading Company In UAE
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||21 Mar|