Sr. Manager - Quality Assurance & Compliance (MRO)
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job description / Role
The Senior Manager Quality Assurance & Compliance (SMQAC) shall be accountable to the Senior Director Quality & Safety for all Regulatory and Compliance issues within the QA department, including the development of the Etihad Airways Engineering MOE's. The SMQA shall endorse all National Aviation Authority (NAA) required documentation, including the associated Manuals, prior to submission to the relevant NAA's for approval and shall be responsible for monitoring to ensure that all documented procedures are in compliance and are effectively implemented to monitor compliance to the organisation's major approvals and internal procedures.
- Establish the development and management of the Etihad Airways Engineering quality system with regard to the GCAA / EASA / FAA / CASA and other National Aviation Authorities Approvals and other applicable regulations and customer requirements to ensure continuing compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Monitor compliance with company requirements and ensure the adequacy of company procedures that will lead towards safe operational practices as monitored by the implementation of an effective quality system.
- Ensure that the company has the necessary extent and Scope of Approval, Airworthiness Data, Training, Manpower Resources and Tooling to undertake the work as part of the request for extension and to carrying out internal validation audits to ensure compliance is achieved.
- Liaise with the aviation authorities and certifying bodies on all matters relating to the Company Exposition, capability determination, terms of approval, approval renewals, audit corrective actions as noted in the generation of the respective reports for review and submission.
- Management of Staff Authorizations and control of authorization of certifying personnel in accordance with GCAA requirements and other NAA requirements as applicable. Certifying Staff Certificates of Authorisation to ensure that staff meets the minimum basic regulatory requirements based on the issuing of said Authorisation.
- Ensure that personnel involved in the quality system allocated to SMQA section are adequately trained and qualified to perform their duties and that they understand the quality policy by carrying out an annual training and personnel development review exercise.
- Maintain a continual verbal and written communication feedback system to the VP Q&S and departmental VP's in regard to the deficiencies and non-compliances identified during audits and surveillance programmes, identifying root cause analyzed and that the appropriate corrective / preventive actions are promptly put in place.
Education & Experience
- Appropriate University degree in Engineering or Aircraft Maintenance Engineer License
- Minimum of 15 years airline industry experience, including at least 10 years in Quality Department related environment of which, 5 years in Quality Management
- Relevant experience gained within a National Airworthiness Authority preferred.
About Etihad Airways
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, was formed in 2003 and quickly went on to become one of the world's leading airlines. From its home in Abu Dhabi, Etihad flies to passenger and cargo destinations in the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia and North America. Together with Etihad's codeshare partners, Etihad's network offers access to hundreds of international destinations. In recent years, Etihad has received numerous awards for its superior service and products, cargo offering, loyalty programme and more. Etihad is recognised as one of the world's leading airlines in response to COVID-19 and was the first airline in the world to fully vaccinate its crew on board.
Etihad sees tackling the climate crisis as the most important issue of our time, and through strategic partnerships with major global aviation brands and OEMs, Etihad is relentless in its pursuit of industry decarbonisation.
COVID-19 UPDATE: The health and safety of our communities-including our employees and our candidates remains our top priority. From a recruiting perspective we are continuing to identify people for roles with Etihad in anticipation we will be able to hire, however the process may take longer because we are using more virtual recruiting techniques, and start dates may be delayed because of guidance from the governments in the countries we operate in. We appreciate your understanding and flexibility, Stay safe and healthy.
About the Company
Etihad Airways is the National Airline of the United Arab Emirates. The airline was set up by a Royal Decree in July 2003, with Abu Dhabi, the capital of the UAE, as its hub. Etihad started commercial operations in November 2003.
With Etihad, everyone who flies with us is welcomed as our guest.
This simple credo illuminates everything we do, from big things like making sure that our fleet is one of the most advanced in the sky, to small touches like letting you choose the films you watch.
Were proud to be the National Airline of the United Arab Emirates. At the crossroads between Europe and Asia, our home reflects our commitment to bringing the world closer together - as does our highly cosmopolitan staff.