Job description / Role
Are you interested in working in a high impact role delivering change critical to scalable growth? Do you want to work in a fast growth emerging business units at Amazon? Do you thrive on automation and solving complex problems?
Amazon is seeking an experienced and detail-oriented Senior Product Manager to drive the strategic transformation of inventory management for the MENA business. The role is part of the GCC Instock Management team and is responsible for leading continuous improvement of our Buying Automation capability. You will need to determine, lead and deliver key initiatives that are critical to supporting fast scalable growth to reach our ambitious long-term growth goals. You will partner with central SCOT and operations product management and technical teams to deliver change, whilst also being the expert point of contact to GCC Retail teams to deep dive performance and lead improvements. Your key areas of responsibility would entail from Forecasting, Buying, to S&OP automation and the scope of your role will be cross category and cross country.
• Define and deliver key GCC initiatives to improve inventory buying decisions and their business outcomes
• Partner with cross-functional global Amazon technical teams to determine and lead the Buying Automation process improvement roadmap
• Distil complex Buying Automation problems into easily understood concepts and actions; work with central technical teams to audit unusual use cases and deliver solutions to solve root cause; explain complex Buying Automation issues succinctly with Category teams
• Support our local Retail teams on standardizing SOPs for use cases still not covered by automation. Centralize those processes with RBS/Vendor Operations teams.
• Centralize and improve accuracy of the S&OP submission process across the region
• Represent the MENA team priorities and strategy within the SCOT planning processes
• Determine the right Buying Automation metrics and reporting to deliver the operational strategy that fundamentally drives continuous improvement of inventory management
• Understand and keep up to date with the changing landscape of available tools and algorithms to automatically/scalable manage Amazon inventory to identify opportunities
• Drive cross-functional strategic initiatives to improve end to end inventory management and deliver increased long term free cash flow
• Drive complex business & data analysis to identify opportunities to improve revenue and profitability
To be successful in this role, you will have a strong mix of product management, analytical and influential skills. You will be able to balance innovative thinking with the ability to earn trust across a wide part of the organization. You will be able to work cross-functionally, drive projects end-to-end, build strong relationships, as well as having demonstrable experience in senior stakeholder management. You will partner closely with Amazon teams across MENA, in Seattle and other regions around the world. You make smart decisions and are seen as an expert in your field.
• 6+ years of working experience in project management, consulting, or supply chain.
• Strong planning, organization skills, and attention to detail
• Bachelors degree in Engineering, Management, Economics, Maths or similar
• Excellent communication and stakeholder influencing skills, with aptitude for data-driven argumentation
• Experience working with complex data sets
• A business focused way of thinking and a strong hands-on, results oriented mentality combined with ability to work strategically
• Must have a proven track record in taking ownership, driving results and moving with speed to implement ideas in a fast-paced online environment
• Graduate degree in Business (MBA), Engineering discipline preferred.
• Relevant senior level experience in retail, operations, and/or business management with a proven history of delivering results
• Proven experience leading cross-functional projects
• Experience with SQL is a plus
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.