Job description / Role
Are you excited by sustainability, the future of this planet, and driving a large-scale environmental initiative across MENA Customer fulfillment operations? Do you have the autonomy to build a path to zero emissions for an entire department, drive the financials, engineering, and development for it, and manage project execution for green projects? Then the MENA Operations Sustainability Program Management position is for you! Amazon is striving to reach the goals outlined in the Paris Climate Accord 10 years quicker than the established deadline, and we're looking for emboldened leaders to get us there.
• Develop a five-year vision for sustainability in Amazon’s MENA operations
• Build this vision into a roadmap with a critical path, regular check-in points, and communication outlets to senior leadership (VP and directors) for approval on initiatives and financing.
• Prioritize the department’s most impactful carbon offset and reduction initiatives
• Work with third-party vendors for solar, GHG benchmarking studies, and design concepts for net zero emissions facilities
• Lead collaborative monthly / weekly reviews to align stakeholders across the org working as sustainability ambassadors
• Establish cross-functional relationships with the WW Sustainability team in order to leverage their resources and integrate MENA Operations onto larger company-wide initiatives
• Implement legal arrangements such as clean energy agreements or purchase power agreements
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
• Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Business or 4+ years of Amazon experience
• 4+ years of experience with Supply Chain Management concepts i.e. forecasting, planning, optimization and logistics
• 4+ years of qualitative/quantitative data analysis related to Supply Chain, Operations, Transportation -Logistics or Inventory Management
• Project Management experience -experience defining projects, collecting requirements, designing process solutions, writing detailed functional specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule, and deploy new software; as well as analyzing cost/benefit of feature selection and communicating results throughout the organization
• Prior experience with Lean and/or Six Sigma analytical techniques
• Proficient in Excel and SQL/Unix
• MBA or Master’s Degree in Operations, Supply Chain or Logistics
• 2+ years managing small to medium size (2-8 cross functional teams)
• Ability to solve problems and come up with innovative solutions
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.