Job description / Role
Typical work duties of the service engineer include:
• Carrying out Major Overhauls on 4 stroke marine engines in power plants / on-board vessels.
• Independently carrying out overhaul of various engine components like Cylinder Heads, Fuel Injection Pumps & Valves, Attached Pumps.
• Measurement of components to check wear.
• Design and Fabrication of special tools required for engine overhaul.
• Assembly work in the company workshop when not working at site.
• Responsible for keeping track of all tools used for engine overhauls.
• Assist Team Leader in work planning & service costing for 4 stroke engines OH.
• Assist Technical Sales Engineers/Manager for preparation of Service Offers & Invoicing the customers.
• Proper reporting of all jobs done.
• Reporting required by QHSE management system.
• Any other responsibilities assigned by Management from time to time.
Qualification, Experience & Skills required
• A Graduate Mechanical/Marine engineer or Diploma in Mechanical.
• Hands-on work experience in Power plant or Marine - Min. 6 months (for graduate)/1 year (for diploma).
• Good technical knowledge of 4 stroke engine Marine Engines. Wartsila, Man, Cat-MaK, Caterpillar, etc)
• Ability to work long hours under tough conditions.
• Readiness to travel extensively on short notice.
• Computer literate.
• Good English communication skills.
Preference may be given to candidates having one or more of the below
• Knowledge & Ability to work on engine auxiliaries
• Knowledge & Ability to work on both High Speed & Medium Speed 4 stroke marine engines independently.
• Knowledge & Ability to work on Turbochargers independently.
• Proven track record.
• Driving license.
About the Company
Marine Power International FZC (MPI), an ISO 9001:2015 certified company, has been providing OE Spares and Services from multiple locations worldwide for Diesel/ Gas engines, Turbochargers, Separators and other engine auxiliaries, for 25+ years.
MPI represents OE component manufacturers, who supply the engine makers. Hence, the client is assured of OEM parts at competitive price.
Marine Power International FZC (MPI), has one of the largest inventories of OE spares in the world, with more than 18,000 spares for various engine models, warehoused in a 2800 square meter facility in the U.A.E.
An additional stock point in the Netherlands caters to our European and North/South American customers. This ensures ready availability of critical spares.
All spares supplied by MPI are backed by the warranty of individual manufacturers. Additionally, MPI has Liability insurance cover for Euro 2.5 million.
To supplement its product offering, MPI also provide Service support, Technical advice, Engine Performance Analysis and Training sessions worldwide.