Job description / Role
Job Description Summary: Lead and support cross product and cross business growth initiatives â€¦ drive profitability & global growth Owns/influences commercial business operating guidelines and has ownership/influence over budgets. Guided by functional policy. There is autonomy within the role to enter into/execute Commercial arrangements. High levels of Commercial judgment are required to achieve outcomes required.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop and lead market, customer, and policy analysis, engagement, and strategy to create growth for GE products, services & businesses. Develop strategy for existing product & service portfolio as well as new biz models for white space, new technologies and emerging areas. Engage across function, team and business & support new biz incubation, M&A/BD due diligence & support
- Developing commercial expertise across one or more countries, product lines, markets, sales processes, or customer groups. Influences policy and ensures delivery across large and/or diverse sales territories.
- Interprets internal and external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services. Utilizes understanding of industry trends to inform decision making process.
- Leads others to find creative solutions to address complex projects, product lines, markets, sales processes, or customers. Has the ability to evaluate quality of information received and questions conflicting data for analysis. Uses multiple internal and external resources outside of own function to help arrive at a decision.
- May lead functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity. Communicates complex messages and negotiates mainly internally with others to adopt a different point of view. Influences peers to take action and may negotiate with external partners, vendors, or customers.
- This role requires significant experience in the Marketing & Digital Strategy and Growth Initiatives. Knowledge level is comparable to a Master's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma with relevant experience).
- Master's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 6 years of experience in Job Family Group(s)/Function(s)).
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.