Job description / Role
Do you have a heart to serve and love being part of a team? As Stewarding Attendant, you will assist in the execution of memorable Food & Beverage experiences for our guests.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Be a part of the Fairmont Flagship Hotel in the Middle East
- Experience the hustle of a dynamic, fast paced hotel located in the heart of the City's commercial district
- Take advantage of opportunities to be recognized for your professional contributions
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities like Planet 21.
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
What you will be doing:
- Assist all the managers to create a Guest Focused Culture
- Establish close working relations with all F&B colleagues, fostering participation
- Ensure all breakages and chipped items are removed from circulation
- Check all paper towels and hand soap dispensers to ensure they are full
- Inspect all cooking equipment, utensils and service ware to be cleaned and sanitized before distributing to the appropriate locations
- Make sure all garbage bins are emptied
- Keep updated with all items on the communication board
- Report for the duty punctually, in full uniform according to appearance and grooming standards
- Act and promote hotel culture and philosophy when dealing with fellow Colleagues and (internal) Guests. Be a gentleman with all your peers
- Promote and maintain a positive working relationship at all times with all Colleagues
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Check and ensure that the dishwashing machine is clean and ready for use at the beginning and the end of all shifts
- Follow schedule for water changes
- Attend daily line ups
- Attend monthly communication meetings
- Active members of hotel committees
- Make sure floors are dry and clean at all times. If not use wet floor sign
- Ensure you sign in and out before and after shift
- Keep all back of the house areas tidy and organized at all times, free of unnecessary equipment. Return unused equipment to its intended location or store
- Ensure all Ecolab sanitizing stations are stocked with spray bottles
- Make sure there is a sufficient supply of chemicals to last for the day.
- Return the chemicals to store at the end of the day. Be aware of its cost. Respect the environment
- Work efficient and inform your Supervisor in time in case you cannot finish your work
- Work positively together with all contractors (Lahej & Sultan, Moonlight, Ecolab, Trashco)
Your experience and skills include:
- Organized and a great team player
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Passionate about maintaining a clean and safe working environment
- Understanding of food safety and hygiene
Your team and working environment:
At Accor, we are Heartists!
Are you ready to put your heart at the center of everything that you do? If so, then join our team of Heartists at Fairmont DBI. Every day, we look for opportunities to engage on a personal & meaningful way with our guests and each other. We deliver heartfelt hospitality in an environment that is engaging, enthusiastic and professionally rewarding!
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.