Job description / Role
Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk is Sofitel's largest property in the Middle East. The hotel features 595 luxury guestrooms inclusive of 68 suites and 97 serviced apartments in the heart of Dubai. A variety of trendy restaurants and bars including a contemporary Asian restaurant, a Gastro Pub, a French Brasserie and Pool Bar & Lounge bring residents and patrons together to celebrate the French "Joie de Vivre". Guests have the option to unwind at the Sofitel Spa with L'Occitane and outdoor pools with private cabanas or workout in a fully-fledged fitness center. Business travelers have access to 1,589 square meter of meeting space including one state-of-the-art ballroom ideal for the most sought after social gatherings.
Part of the Wafi Mall new extension and close to the iconic Raffles Dubai, Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk will infuse the brand's essence with capitalizing on a perfect balance of modernism and ancient Egypt reflective of the renowned design elements of Wafi. If you are as excited as we are about connecting hearts and showing your guest passion, join us as the next Heartist - Stewarding Supervisor and help us to make Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk a truly welcoming destination!
Responsible for supervising the stewarding operation during shift and for cleaning and maintaining food and beverage premises to high hygienic standards. Promotes the work culture and the company's core values.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name badges at all times
- In absence of Manager conducts shift briefings to ensure hotel activities and operational requirements are known
- During the shift, oversees the preparation of kitchen equipment for use
- Supervises the receivable and storage of kitchen goods
- Supervises the cleaning and storage of kitchen equipment
- Supervises the cleaning of the premises
- To communicate to both internal and external customers in a polite, courteous and constructive manner.
- To perform duties and responsibilities in a safe manner.
- To take responsibility for individual development.
- Supervises the removal of waste
- Supervises the handling of kitchen linen
- Supervises the cleaning of an hygienic kitchen
- Engages in and supervises the cleaning of kitchen and equipment
- Maintains high levels of personal hygiene for self and enforces hygiene standards for team
- Supervises all functions of the Stewarding operation to achieve the optimum departmental costs
- Supervises all functions of the Stewarding operation to achieve the optimum quality level of sanitation
- Establishes and maintains effective employee and inter-departmental working relationships
- Assists the Chief Steward in developing training plans, develops training material in accordance with Sofitel guidelines and implements training plans for the Stewarding employees.
- Assists the Chief Steward in setting Stewarding goals and developing strategies, procedures and policies
- Assists in determining the minimum and maximum stocks and controls the par-stocks of all material and equipment
- Supervises the counting of inventories in coordination with employees of the accounting division
- Liaise with employees of the Engineering Division to schedule preventive maintenance and repairs
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS :
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language
- Prior experience in a stewarding capacity
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Sales Manager - Corporate
Senior Waiter / Waitress
Executive Personal Assistant
A Professional Public Accounting, Audit, Tax, And Advisory Firm
Guest Relations Agent
|Abu Dhabi||30 May|