Job description / Role
Alpha Flight Group Limited is a leading provider of innovative catering and retail services at several international airports. Alpha Flight Services UAE LLC is a dynamic food service company employing 500 employees, operating both business to business services as well as a wide range of generic branded consumer food and beverage outlets. This company is based at Sharjah International Airport.
We currently have an exciting opportunity that has become available for an experienced and qualified Stores Manager to join our successful business.
The Stores Manager looks into planning, coordinating, administration and general management issues, which include the day-to-day supervision of staff and overseeing work organized by stores keepers.
• Planning, coordinating and monitoring the receipts, issue vouchers, checking priority orders and dispatch of goods.
• Responsible for reporting department KPI’s including cycle count accuracy and slow moving stock.
• Using space and mechanical handling equipment efficiently and making sure quality, quantity targets of an items objectives are met.
• Having a clear understanding of the company's policies and vision and how the warehouse contributes to these.
• Helping, coordinating and correcting the use of the Falcon systems when necessary.
• Keeping stock control BIN cards and the system is up to date and making sure inventories are accurate.
• Controlling items stock quantity requirements.
• Producing regular reports and statistics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
• Briefing team leaders on a daily basis.
• Visiting departments to monitor the quality of service they are receiving.
• Maintaining standards of health and safety, hygiene and security in the work environment.
• Ensuring that stock such as chemicals and food are stored safely, allergens to be kept separate.
• Overseeing the planned maintenance of equipment
• Organizing the training of staff, as well as monitoring staff performance and progress.
• Motivating, organizing and encouraging teamwork within the workforce to ensure productivity targets are met or exceeded.
• Post Graduate/Graduate or equivalent qualification
• 3 years with experience of ERP / MRP II
• 5 years of experience in FMCG warehousing and logistics
• Warehouse operations of no less than 100 CBM / 120 pallet locations
• 7 years of experience managing others in FMCG
• Previous accountability for stock take and cycle count operations
• Excellent Excel skills
• Highly numerate
• Previous responsibility for department health and safety
• Excellent English written and oral skills
• 3 years of responsibility for customs clearance and import fees settlement
• Diploma in Warehouse or Logistics
• 5s / lean manufacturing qualified (green belt or above )
• Experience in RFID systems
• IOSH safety awareness / managing safety
• Experience in catering operations
About the Company
Making Travel Special is about knowing what customers want. We recognise that by serving our customers, we're also serving their customers. That's why we talk about the promises our customers make. In this way, we delight our customers and their passengers, even as we continue to challenge ourselves to become the most admired provider in the world.
We treat customers like they are our guests. And because they expect food to be good and wholesome, we maintain the highest global quality assurance standards. What's more, our teams of experienced, dedicated professionals go the extra mile to provide innovative, efficient and reliable services for every single one of them.
Over the years, we've become a global player. In the coming decades, we'll continue to transform our industry by staying true to our core values.
Warehouse Manager (3PL)
Middle East Executive
Store Manager (Luxury Retail)
Ahmed Seddiqi & Sons
Supply Logistics Manager (12 Month Contract)