Job description / Role
Under the general direction of the Head of Supply Chain, the Strategic Sourcing Manager will be With Principal Investigators, senior research representatives, and laboratory managers acting as category lead for procurement activities of laboratory supplies and services, scientific bench-top equipment, industrial/research gases, and other equivalent supply management categories.
A non-profit educational institute with a well structured and advanced sourcing function are looking for a Strategic Sourcing Manager to be part of their sourcing team.
* Collaborate with research, technical and guide staff from other research-based companies
* Support the Category Manager in all aspects of laboratory / research procurement.
* Proactively advise staff of internal and external issues that might affect their research, service, operational and financial strategies and provide relevant data and information with analysis to aid the formulation of appropriate procurement plans, solutions, and policies ensuring consistency and development of any further plans.
* Securing commitment of the research and procurement community to support the objectives to enable the delivery of procurement savings and achievement of operational and financial strategies. They will also adhere to the organization's standards and policies, while ensuring highest ethical standards and discretion
* Responsible for actively monitoring, managing and administration of major service contracts with business contract owner with support from Vendor Management Office.
* Responsible for mediation and resolution of contract claims or disputes.
* Lead evaluations through the development of RFQ, RFI and RFPs and participate in negotiations.
* Develop negotiation strategies based on supplier proposals and spend/RFP analysis and act as a contract negotiator.
* Lead departmental category strategy in collaboration with executive leaders, researchers and business partner members to identify saving opportunities.
* Develop and execute strategy to manage and grow relationships with existing and new suppliers (including cost analysis).
* Develop positive and productive relationships with suppliers while keeping healthy competition in our supply base. Independently drive spend and performance analyses to identify savings opportunities and impact of procurement decisions based on data-based insights
* Responsible for evaluating market trends and establishing, implementing and recommending procurement policies and procedures accordingly. Identify and develop new purchasing strategies as warranted. Evaluate and implement appropriate alternative purchasing tools and methods.
* Develop strategic plans to streamline operations for effective outcome. Ensure all data within the procurement system is accurate and reported.
* Oversee and execute the development of requests for information and proposal. Ensure that product and service contracts provide tangible value and benefits.
* Negotiate high level contracts. Collaborate with Legal Counsel to minimize liability and ensure compliance with legal and risk management requirements.
* Support and collaborate with colleagues, constantly striving for continuous improvement. Market the department's services to the University community.
* Manage the full source to supplier management procurement cycle (Initiation - Strategic Sourcing (RFx) - Contract Authoring / Execution - Catalogue Content Management - Requisition - Purchasing / Purchase Order).
* Establish and approve sources of supplies and services. Evaluate potential suppliers by investigating facilities, capacity, and financial stability to meet quality requirements, specifications and delivery dates.
* Secure bids, analyze proposals, and negotiate purchase terms and conditions.
* Develop and administer contracts; ensure timely delivery. Perform ongoing supplier relationship management in order to ensure suppliers' compliance with contractual obligations.
* Assess how well strategically sourced agreements are meeting the requirements of the end users.
* Develop and manage effective stakeholder relationships with departments and advise on supplier selection, products and services.
* Manage supplier disputes and address/resolve performance issues; review and approve claims against suppliers for unsatisfactory materials or equipment. Serve as a single-point-of-contact for department heads
* Manage and develop junior resources within the Procurement organization.
* Flexible offer from 35,000 AED per month and benefits
* Bachelor's degree or extensive experience in a relevant field
* Master's degree in a relevant field/Professional Procurement qualification (i.e. CIPS)
* 10 years of experience in category based procurement activities of which the last three should be as category specialist/manager within fast paced and or complex research based environments.
* Experience in higher education, non-profit organizations or governmental body located in the U.A.E.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.