Job description / Role
Join the team of the first LEGOLAND Park in the Middle East and help us create amazing experiences for families from around the world. At LEGOLAND Dubai we rely everyday on our Model Citizens (employees) in meeting our ultimate goal of bringing the LEGO values of creativity, imagination, learning, quality and fun to life and deliver truly memorable experiences to our guests.
With over 40 interactive rides, live shows and attractions you will be able to find a diverse range of career opportunities in one of the most unique and stimulating work environments you could imagine.
Come and work where work is PLAY. At LEGOLAND we make every child a HERO!
Play Your Part
In this role you will be responsible for ensuring the highest safety standards are achieved and maintained throughout daily operation of rides and attractions in LEGOLAND Dubai while providing the highest standards of guest satisfaction.To ensure department is managed and operated in-line with company brand standards, health and safety requirements and standard operating procedures.
Supervisors to provide direction to the Attractions Team Leaders and Front Line team. To implement procedures, trainings to nurture behaviour where the health and safety of our guests and staff is of paramount priority. To maintain healthy working relationships with all levels within the department. They will be expected to drive our key operating standards of Safety, Service, Quality and Efficiency. Expected to take role of Team Leader or Front Line when needed.
- To provide safest possible environment to the guests and staff within the park facilities
- Responsible for assisting with the smooth daily operation of the Attractions department. Support opening/closing of the park ensuring all rides and attractions are ready and presentable at the opening, all required checks done and logged, all staff in position meeting required grooming standards. Ensuring all documentation is completed by the end of the day, all closing procedures followed, any technical issues communicated timely, as per procedure.
- Overview the Team Leaders and Front Line teams daily duties to make sure the department is fully functional. Monitor staffing level, staff reporting time, managing lateness, absence, breaks.
- Organise and Implement the training of the Attractions operator and attendant position teams to required standards within timeframes set.
- To create and maintain a safety focused environment throughout the department, assisting with the creation and implementation of departmental training and auditing procedures.
- Exceed guest expectations through ensuring departmental team deliver to agreed service standards.
- To ensure departmental standards and KPIs are met.
- Actively demonstrate the company values to all colleagues.
- Chair regular meetings with direct team within required intervals and attend required regular meetings with Departmental Management to ensure consistent flow of communication throughout the department and the company.
- Providing the ultimate experience of the Merlin/LEGOLAND brand.
- Drive and motivate the Team Leaders and front line staff towards achieving Company and departmental goals and objectives
- Responsible for supporting the efficient daily operations of all the rides and attractions in LEGOLAND Dubai.
- Provide accurate daily figures of ride attendance whilst ensuring smooth operation of all the rides and attractions.
- Assisting in managing and meeting all departmental labor budgets.
- Acting as a role-mode for the Merlin company values.
- Suggest and demonstrate activities to increase revenue in the business.
- Proactively seek to identify different methods of working in order to maximize efficiencies within the department while maintaining safety standards.
- Ensure consistent flow of communication throughout the department
- Inspire excellent customer service within the department.
- Assisting in the coaching and development of the team including part responsibility for the departmental training programme.
- Provide motivational shift briefs to ensure staff members are up to date with the latest company information/promotions and inspired to commence their shift looking after our guests.
DECISION MAKING & AUTONOMY
- Actively demonstrate commitment to positively handling difficult situations and change without conflict. Show resilience, stamina, reliability and a "Can-do" attitude when under pressure.
- Comply with all People Managers policies and procedures and ensure that the team follow these at all times.
APPLIED KNOWLEDGE & SPECIALIST SKILLS
- To have a full working knowledge of the Park including geographical layout, services and safety/security procedures.
- Attend company training programs to develop capabilities including people management, recruitment skills, financial and disciplinary training.
- To be actively involved in the training and auditing of the Team Leaders and Front Line Team (both in initial and ongoing)
- The position may also require working in other departments within Operations where required
- Involvement in the recruitment for the department to constantly meet the operational requirement.
- Create a fun work environment where your team are motivated, encouraged to openly express their own ideas and treated with respect.
- Implement Staff Survey initiatives to improve work environment.
COMPLEXITY & PROBLEM SOLVING
- Involvement in the completion and reviewing of departmental risk assessments
- Resolving and managing staff issues while taking responsibility for the welfare of the team.
- Provide strong leadership in relation to poor performers, enforcing standards fairly and consistently.
- Monitoring and reviewing of guest feedback to identify areas for improvement to maintain excellent levels of satisfaction.
HEALTH & SAFETY
Supervisors are responsible for all aspects of Health, Safety & Security within their department, in line with the Group Policy (HS001). In particular, they must ensure that risk assessments have been carried out, that safe working procedures are in place for all work activities and that all employees under their management are aware of the Group Health, Safety and Security Policy and their obligations under it. They must ensure that safe working practices are monitored, and that risk assessments and procedures are reviewed regularly. Where incidents do occur, they must ensure that they are investigated appropriately and that where necessary, corrective action is taken to ensure that such incidents are not repeated
Are You a Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria:
- High school or equivalent level of education
- Requires a minimum 2-year operational experience of working within a theme park environment at front line or preferably middle management level with related customer service
- Requires organizational and planning skills, with the ability to execute multiple tasks.
- Strong understanding of management of risk assessments, SOP's and EAP's within a waterpark or theme park environment.
- Self-motivated and demonstrated initiative.
- History of supporting management and colleagues, with demonstrated leadership skills.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills.
- Must be customer service driven.
- Competent in all aspects of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, e-mail, Power Point) are required.
- Fluent English in both oral and written.
- Previous work experience in Hospitality/Waterpark.
- Excellent understanding on culture awareness and the unique environment of the UAE.
- Plan & organize: Staff Meetings
- Work at height
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, annual flight allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances.
We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||30 Jun|