Job description / Role
As a Supply Planning Manager in our confectionery business, you are responsible for the end to end supply chain operations. Acting as the central point of communication from factories through to all of your clients and colleagues, this is a crucial role ensuring we have inventory ready, freshness is of the highest standard and all parties know what to expect and when.
You will formulate, develop and implement Supply Planning strategies and policies across multiple locations, be an expert in how supply planning works, and be able to communicate effectively with your multiple stakeholders.
A day in the life of
- Your day always starts with checking current availability to ensure you can fulfill the short and medium term supply requirements. This isn't just spreadsheets-you liaise with colleagues to ensure their part of the process is on track, and conduct 'what-if' analyses to ensure there's always a Plan B
- If there are any risks or issues, it's your job to fix them. In the short term this may look like challenging the efficiency of the line, but longer term you're responsible for establishing new processes to define supply requirements versus current capability to supply and be an enabler to decision making in addressing any gaps that may arise
- When everyone understands their part of the process, the whole operation works better. You are a key driver of alignment and standardization to further improve the efficiency and quality of the work we do
- Your afternoon is spent looking at the Monthly Planning Business Process, liaising with your colleagues in Zone
- You always make time to coach and develop the Supply Planning competency and engagement of Supply Planners and Marketing / Generating Demand team
What Will Make You Successful?
- You manage a lot of stakeholders, both internal and external, so you need to be a confident, with an eye for detail and the ability to drive and influence.
- Strong communication skills
- You need to be an expert in supply chain operations, have a desire to drive continuous improvement, and be able to back up your ideas with facts and stats
- You need to enjoy a role with a large scope, and be as comfortable with factory efficiency as you are planning inventory deliveries globally
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5 or more years of relevant supply chain operational experience at market / business level
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are Nestle, the largest food and beverage company. We are 328,000 people strong driven by the purpose of enhancing the quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Our values are rooted in respect: respect for ourselves, respect for others, respect for diversity and respect for our future. With more than 89.5 billion CHF in 2016, we have an expansive presence with 442 factories in more than 86 countries. We believe our people are our most important asset, so we'll offer you a dynamic inclusive international working environment with many opportunities across different businesses, functions and geopraphies, working with diverse teams and cultures.
About the Company
Nestle with headquarters in Vevey, Switzerland was founded in 1866 by Henri Nestle and is today the world's biggest food and beverage company. Sales for 2006 were CHF 98.5 bn, with a net profit of CHF 9 bn. We employ around 265,000 people and have factories or operations in almost every country in the world.
The Company's strategy is guided by several fundamental principles. Nestle's existing products grow through innovation and renovation while maintaining a balance in geographic activities and product lines. Long-term potential is never sacrificed for short-term performance. The Company's priority is to bring the best and most relevant products to people, wherever they are, whatever their needs, throughout their lives.