Job description / Role
Role and Responsibilities
ECFT is offering a unique opportunity to aspiring aviation students through its Support Crew Member (SCM) program. The program utilizes SCMs to meet the needs of our clients who train in aircraft simulators that require a crew compliment of at least two pilots. This opportunity gives the qualified candidate the chance to become trained by the industry leader on some of today's most sophisticated aircraft platforms in real world environments.
The SCM program is designed to train and qualify students to provide "right seat support" for our clients attending FAA, EASA, GCAA approved 14 CFR 142 and EASA ATO curriculum courses at our facilities. The primary goal is to qualify these students to fulfill the "Pilot Monitoring" role under FAA part 61, 91, 135, EASA and GCAA training events. In addition to receiving formal aircraft Second in Command (SIC) simulator training for select aircraft types, the SCM will have the opportunity to attend, at no cost one of the many advanced programs and enrichment courses provided by CAE. This program has launched many aviation careers since its inception. Having the opportunity to receive world-class training from an industry leader can give you the edge you need for your future and build the professional foundation companies and airlines are looking for in today's aviation environment.
Duration/ Training Bonds
- Duration of the SCM Program is over a 2-year period. The cost of the type rating/ return on investment will have to be offset by a pre-determined number of support sessions carried by the SCM Candidate. This number of sessions that will have to be carried out for the 2-year program will be divided to 4 quarters. On a quarterly basis, a certain number of support sessions will be set as a threshold per quarter.
- A SCM candidate must possess the following: (The candidates meetings ALL the below requirements will be contacted)
Frequently Asked Questions
What does this program cost me?
- CAE provides all books and training at no extra cost. However, any costs for travel and housing are the responsibility of the student.
I currently attend school during the day or night. Can I still be part of the program?
- Yes, the requirements of the program vary and range from days to nights and weekends. However, you will be required to be under Emirates CAE Flight Training visa and do your best to accommodate the schedules required by ECFT, to complete your support sessions required.
Will I be provided with training records and a certificate of completion?
- Yes. A full set of training and service records will be kept and provided to you.
Will this program qualify me to fly as first officer in a turbo jet aircraft?
- Yes, you will be fully qualified as First Officer with a type rating in your license with no restrictions. In case you opt to acquire takeoffs and landing on the aircraft, then this will have to be done at your own expense.
Student (Fixed Term)
- CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- At CAE, everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With no exception.
- As captured in our overarching value "One CAE" (one passionate and inclusive team), we’re proud to work as one passionate, boundary less and inclusive team.
- At CAE, all employees are welcome regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
- The masculine form may be used in this job description solely for ease of reading, but refers to men, women and the gender diverse.
Interested candidates, please apply online.
- ICAO Commercial Pilot or Airline Pilot license
- Airplane Multi-Engine land
- Instrument rating with a minimum of 50 hours instrument experience
- 400 hours total time (100 hours multi engine aircraft)
- Multi-Crew Cooperation (MCC) course
- Speak, read and write English language fluently.
- Problem solving skills and the ability to work independently and act when required.
- Teamwork skills, and positive attitude.
About the Company
Emirates CAE Flight Trainingwas founded in 2002, and is jointly operated by Emirates, a global connector of people and places, and CAE, a global leader in modelling, simulation and training for civil aviation and defence.
Located in Dubai, UAE, Emirates-CAE Flight Training is the result of CAE and Emirates joining forces to offer the highest-quality training to commercial airlines, business jet operators and helicopter operators in the Middle East, Europe, Africa and Asia. As a gateway between Europe and Asia, and the fastest growing economic hub in the Middle East, Dubai is an excellent location to train.
Emirates CAE Flight Training is an EASA Type Rating Training Organization (TRTO) and FAA part 142 approved centre. The centre has become recognized as a world-class facility for aviation training in the Middle East, and delivers safety and service excellence to clients across the industry.
At Emirates CAE, you will have the opportunity to work for a global leader in the delivery of training for the civil aviation, defence and security, and healthcare markets.
A cutting-edge technology company, CAE places customers and innovation at the center of its activities. This customer-oriented and innovation culture, along with the people who collaborate every day, make CAE a great place to work.
CAE is a world leader in providing simulation and modeling technologies and integrated training solutions for the civil aviation industry and defense forces around the globe. With annual revenues exceeding C$1.5 billion, CAE employs more than 7,500 people at more than 100 sites and training locations in more than 20 countries. We have the largest installed base of civil and military full-flight simulators and training devices. Through our global network of 30 civil aviation and military training centers, we train more than 80,000 crewmembers yearly. We also offer modeling and simulation software to various market segments and, through CAE’s professional services division, we assist customers with a wide range of simulation-based needs.