Job description / Role
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
Thales has built a presence in the United Arab Emirates for over 35 years, and today has over 300 employees. Thales in the UAE is part of our Middle East business that has 1,800 people across Egypt, Iraq, Kuwait, KSA, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and UAE. Together we delivered technology for the Dubai metro, the longest driverless metro network in the world and a fare collection system that processes up to 250,000 transactions per day. We make UAE a safer place by providing secure electronic payment solutions, cyber security systems and communications as well as security systems for Dubai International Airport and air traffic management and navigation systems for Abu Dhabi's airport.
As a Support Engineer working with the Multi Biometric Identification System (MBIS) team, you will ensure internal and external customers' satisfaction by assisting customers in the operation and maintenance of Thales MBIS solution in order to provide and sustain operational excellence.
A week in the life of a Support Engineer:
- You will answer calls and provide appropriate solutions to customer issues.
- You will assist customers in troubleshooting and solving issues or escalating to the research and development team, if needed.
- You will implement appropriate development projects.
- You will manage software acceptance and integration before site deployment.
- You will perform product migration and deployment at customer sites.
- You will transfer developed and qualified technology to production plans including relevant training.
- You will train customers on new technology.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
To succeed at this job, you must have:
- The ability to travel when required, autonomy, organizational skills, and ability to solve complex problems and work under pressure.
We would appreciate if you have about 5 years' experience in the following:
- Red hat Linux (v7.6) with real time experience - Certified
- Knowledge of Shell Scripting
- Oracle Database management
- Performance monitoring, Backup strategy, regular activity planning
- Virtual Server Management
- Windows 2016 server configuration and maintenance
- Working knowledge of web servers and Rabbit MQ message broker
- You must be fluent in English.
- We would like someone to join our team who is a strong communicator and customer-oriented.
- You must have a Degree in Engineering.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
About the Company
With operations in 50 countries and 68,000 employees, Thales is a world leader in mission-critical information systems for defence and security, aerospace and transportation.
Building on its expertise in the most sophisticated technologies and large-scale software systems, Thales is stepping up to the security challenges of its customers in an increasingly complex world. With its global network of 22,500 high-level researchers, Thales has earned particular recognition for its ability to develop and deploy dual civil and military technologies. Leveraging its international operations and spanning the entire value chain from equipment to systems and services, Thales is playing a pivotal role in making the world a safer place.
China Railway Construction Corporation (CRCC)
Technical Support Engineer
Civil / Mechanical / Electrical - Pre-Construction / QS Engineer
Integrated Gulf Biosystems (IGB)
IT Engineer - Windows
|Abu Dhabi||2 Jun|