Job description / Role
The Sustainability Officer is responsible for the environmental sustainability of the Facilities Manager activities, which includes planning, implementing and monitoring of specific AFM operations and maintenance that effectively reducing the impact on the environment, and the delivery of systematic environmental management practices, aligned to the client’s environmental/ sustainability strategies and business objectives.
• Embed a sustainability culture within Asset Facilities Management.
• Observe and report all the impacts of the Facilities Manager activities on the environment.
• Work effectively with others to improve environmental management performance.
• Align Facilities Manager sustainability practices, objectives and targets with ADAC Environmental Management teams.
• Coordinate and processes to reduce the frequency and severity of environmental incidents as well as reducing non-compliance with regulatory requirements.
• Assist Senior HSE Manager in demonstrating due diligence of environmental impact of airport operations, maintenance, and expansion.
• Contribute capabilities to the achievement of unit objectives in meeting clients’ and/or stakeholders’ requirements and/or expectations.
• Work effectively with Senior HSE Manager to reduce environmental impact costs.
• Prove relationship with government agencies such as Estidama, including coordination with the local environmental authorities.
• Lead industry knowledge base development and educate the Facilities Manager teams.
• Prepare and deliver all reports / workshops in relation to the reduction of environmental risks.
• Contribute to the continued synergies amongst stakeholders when implementing ISO IMS Accreditation, specifically ISO 14001 or any other relevant standards related to AFM.
• Improve internal consistency in undertaking activities with environmental implications.
• Analyze and investigate Facilities Manager activities in the areas of airport operations, maintenance and expansion, which might possibly have environmental impacts.
• Implement innovative ideas/solutions/initiative in area of environment management and improvement
• Bachelor Degree / Diploma in Engineering, Environment Management, Airport Facilities Management or equivalent.
• Preferably certified as ISO 14001 Lead Auditor
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in relevant roles, preferably with at least 2 years in airport/aviation environment.
• Property and Facilities Management
• Sustainability practices in AFM
• Operations Management
• Project / Program Management
• Contract management
• Commercial / Business Management
• Planning and Scheduling
• Performance management
• Integrated Management Systems – ISO Standards; specific ISO 14001
• Policies and procedures
• Primary Contractor service provision.
• Change and cost / value management
• Able and willing to raise potentially controversial issues for management’s action.
• Able to operate in fast paced 24/7/365 environment
• Flexible, responsive and willing to consider change
• Communication and influencing skills, in person and in writing.
• A good knowledge of computer skills
• Contribute capabilities to the achievement of objectives
• Coordinate and process
• Able to work in a team or individually
• Analyze, verify and report.
• Responsibility, Functional.
About the Company
WFC Holding was born out of a market need for specialist shared services support functions in the UAE.
WFC Holding has rapidly expanded its service offering, capability, and client base to become an integrated business process outsourcing company.
TGC Middle East
|Abu Dhabi||16 Aug|
HSE Supervisor - 6 Month Contract
Manpower Middle East
Operations and Admin Coordinator
|Abu Dhabi||20 Sep|
Facility Management Engineer
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)