Job description / Role
As a System Administrator (Windows) at Deriv.com, you will administer our Windows-based systems, applications, and relevant tools that are compatible with the Microsoft environment. Your expertise is valuable in every stage of our software lifecycle. You will join forces with developers and testers to enhance the quality and safety of our products and services.
- Optimise our Windows-based systems and operations.
- Develop and manage our Windows-compatible centralised network configurations, development workflows, and CI/CD pipelines.
- Engage in general production operations such as product releases, system monitoring, and infrastructure optimisation.
- Maintain and extend our service monitoring using tools such as Datadog.
- Collaborate with the developers to investigate and fix problems and prevent future failures in our systems.
- Safeguard our systems from threats, and improve our security systems.
- Hands-on experience in Windows system administration and industry-standard security best practices
- Prominent experience in managing SQL and IIS servers
- Extensive experience in TCP/IP networking, firewalls, and VPNs
- Expertise in cloud solutions including AWS, Google, and Azure
- Good grasp of Powershell DSC technology and Windows Powershell scripting
- Familiarity with Microsoft SCCM or other server management tools
- Strong knowledge in virtual server software virtualisation software such as Hyper-V and Xen
- Good understanding of application containerization such as Docker
- Knowledge of Chef, Ansible, SaltStack, or similar configuration management tools
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills
What’s good to have:
- Familiarity with C++ and .Net
- Knowledge of industry-accepted IS standards
- Hardening Windows systems
- CI tools such as Travis-CI, CircleCI, and Jenkins
- Documentation of processes and incidents
- Version control software (Git)
About the Company
We’re Deriv.com. We’re all about trading. We’re the geeky upstarts who pioneered an industry. That was 20 years ago. We’re still going strong. More than a million traders from around the globe have trusted us with their money. We work across continents so traders can get trading simply, from anywhere, at any time and every time. Be part of something big. Join us.