Job description / Role
We implement automation solutions for warehouses and distribution centers. We offer integrated systems and services from a single source, from planning and design to implementation and service for the entire service life of our systems. The company's success is backed by 2,500 employees worldwide and customers in over 50 countries. We are one of the world's leading providers of intelligent automation solutions.
Position Title: System Mechanical Engineer
In the Mechanics department, the function of System Engineer Mechanics is an essential part of the conceptual design of mechanical solutions. The tasks range from planning in the sales phase, support during project implementation and the individual test phases to integration of the entire system.
The main tasks are the following:
- Detailing and design of automated storage, conveyor technology and racking
- Development of the layout based on planning and tendering 2D CAD drawings
- Development of the security concept:
- Access for maintenance,
- Escape routes
- Conformity to the local norms and regulations (mainly UAE and KSA). CE conformity, however, the System Engineer can be supported by a System engineer from Europe for the CE conformity rules
- Integration of special equipment and special works like depalletizers, palletizers, stretch wrappers, labellers, robots, fire doors, steel platforms, etc.
- Coordination with the specialist departments e.g. Consulting, Software, Automation, Construction, Project Management
- Technical support of the projects from the offer phase to the acceptance of the plants
- Inquiries, proposal solicitation and comparison of offers (internal offers from sub departments and third party works)
- Create a tender
- Obtain and examine offers
- Comparison, placing recommendation
- Cost calculation as part of the tender preparation
- Creation of technical offer documents to support the sales process
Experience & Qualification:
- Expertise in Mechanical Engineering with Degree in mechanical engineering from a reputable University is a must
- +5 years of experience in mechanical system engineering with a focus on automated materials handling systems and conveyor technology (or similar)
- Deep knowledge of racking systems and accessory products (fire doors, stretchers, labelers, etc.)
- Good Knowledge of electrical, control technology and automation
- Knowledge in project management/ Experience in intralogistics and warehouse automation.
- This position would be in Dubai with a potential to travel on need basis across the region (mainly to KSA)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Distinct ability to understand customer's business processes
- Excellent level in AutoCAD 2D
- English fluent in spoken and written
- MSOffice knowledge (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
About the Company
Established in 1979, Al Tayer Group is a privately-held, diversified company with operations in 12 countries in the Middle East and beyond. With over 7,800 employees from 95 different nationalities, the Group has its headquarters in Dubai, UAE.
Al Tayer Group operates leading, quality-focused businesses in automobile sales and service, luxury and lifestyle retail, perfumes and cosmetics distribution, engineering as well as interiors contracting. The Groups portfolio includes several of the worlds leading brands such as Armani, Bvlgari, Banana Republic, Ford, Ferrari, Gucci, Gap, Harvey Nichols and Maserati. The Group operates over 180 stores across multiple markets in the Middle East. In addition, Al Tayer Group has investments in commercial real estate, contracting, supply chain management, precision tools manufacturing and travel agency services.