Job description / Role
DarkMatter is developing a suite of communication applications covering encrypted voice, instant messaging, email and other in-transit data. Working in a fast paced environment, the candidate will be responsible for software design, implementation, testing, debugging, and deployment of security-focused products and services. Our ideal candidate is bright, responsible, self-motivated, and confident, with a focus on execution and getting stuff done. We look for problem solvers who can anticipate problems, look beyond immediate issues, and take initiative to improve our software. We believe in short feedback loops, well-designed APIs, test driven development, automation wherever possible, to make sure we can minimize friction and focus on solving the big problems. The successful candidate will join a talented team of experienced software engineers, working on challenging projects.
- Design, develop, test, productize, maintain and improve security solutions on Linux and Android
- Produce architecture, design and implementation that is secure, reliable, robust, modular, maintainable, scalable and efficient
- Collaborate with the team to define, design, and ship new features
- Consistently deliver on commitments on time and with quality
- Interest in learning about security and cryptography
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Experience with commercial deployments of embedded software, Linux Kernel, Device Drivers, Linux user-space software
- Familiarity with development and configuration tools (Git, Jira, Jenkins, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- OS Security architectures - Android, Windows, IOS
- Demonstrated ability to implement complex algorithms
- Strong knowledge of data structures, concurrency, modern design patterns, object-oriented software engineering best practices
- Experience with 2 or more of the following areas
- 4+ years of Linux, Android and/or Embedded security experience
- Embedded Platform Security (ARM TrustZone, Secure Element, TPM)
- Understanding of Android security design principles and interface guidelines
- Experience with performance and memory tuning
- Protocol security - IPSec, VPN, TLS, Key exchange, Key Management
- Device, user authentication solutions ; Attestation
- Exploit mitigation techniques, countermeasures, vulnerability assessment, fuzzing
- Experience with Linux Kernel, SELinux, Android NDK and native frameworks, Android SDK and Java frameworks
- Experience with building custom Android solutions from AOSP or alike
- Experience with secure development practices, secure development life cycle (SDLC)
- Understanding of Cryptography, System On-a Chip and Phone Security
- Experience with security architecture, cryptography and secure communication protocols
About Dark Matter
DarkMatter is a cybersecurity firm that is transforming the cybersecurity landscape by providing a complete range of state-of-the-art services and solutions to government and commercial clients.
Staffed by global experts, DarkMatter provides peace of mind through consulting and project implementations that are scalable to clients of any size and that address any domain of electronic security threat or risk. As a trusted partner to government and critical infrastructure entities, the firm also works with leading global companies operating in the field of electronic security and cybersecurity.
Both agile and innovative, DarkMatter takes a comprehensive end-to-end approach to helping its clients navigate the complex and ever-evolving world of threat and risk mitigation strategies, tools, policies and systems. Solutions include strategic advisory, security consulting, security products and services, and recovery.
About the Company
DarkMatter is transforming the cyber security landscape. Headquartered in the UAE and operating globally, we're the region's first and only fully integrated digital defence and cyber security consultancy and implementation firm. Our elite team of global experts deliver advanced, next-generation solutions to governments and enterprises across the cyber security spectrum.
We help clients simplify the enormous complexity of today's ever-evolving cyber threats. Our vision is to protect the future by securing its technologies. Innovation and Research are cornerstones to our development and the activities in these areas underpin our entire range of offerings, including Secure Communications, Public Key Infrastructure and Big Data & Analytics products.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
System Integration Engineer
|Abu Dhabi||28 Dec|