Job description / Role
Make a difference every day
The purpose of this position is to assist the Systems Team Leader in the team's maintenance work to achieve its objectives as stipulated under the Maintenance Standards of Serco Palm Jumeirah Transit System.
- Carry out scheduled preventive maintenance on Systems equipment related to such items as: Track Beam Switches (including motors), Electronic Control Systems (including Automatic Train Protection, Automatic Train Operation and Automatic Train Supervision micro-processing equipment and related fibre optic networks), Train Radio System, Fare Collection Equipment (including vending machines and automatic gates), Central Computer Systems, SCCTV and CCTV Networks, Public Address System, Platform Information Display and Passenger Information Systems, Radio System, SCADA Equipment and Trackside Signals.
- Systems Team Leader in carrying out all level of preventive and corrective maintenance activities on the automatic train control system covering System Management Centre, Vehicle Control Centre, central control (vital and non-vital), vehicle on-board equipment and lineside equipment.
- Carry out corrective maintenance, upgrading/modification work and major repair work on equipment as assigned by Systems Team Leader and/or Systems Senior Engineer and prepare and submit reports upon completion of work assignments.
- Perform general housekeeping, collect and deliver stores, spares and equipment for the maintenance and repair work and ensure the maintenance tools and equipment are maintained in good condition both before and after job activities.
- Assist more experienced senior staff to implement complex systems or new projects.
- Ensure compliance with Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental matters and/or initiatives.
- Undertake any other tasks or functions that are incidental or ancillary to the performance of assigned work.
- Ensure effective implementation of Preventive Maintenance/Corrective Maintenance tasks for the safety critical equipment and ensure effective implementation of the Safety Case/Safety Management System.
- Report any non-compliance or deviations on any violations or infringements affecting railway systems safety and/or occupational, health and safety matters.
What we are looking for in our candidates
- Customer Service - See those they interact with as customer and seeks to identify and meet needs, taking swift action to resolve issues with integrity.
- Communicates Effectively - Clearly and concisely conveys information and ideas that engage others.
- Judgement and Decision Making - Quickly recognizes and gets to grips with increasingly complex scenarios. Secures and compares information from multiple sources and exercises judgement to close the gaps in data and deal with increasing levels of ambiguity.
- Drive for Results - Is motivated to deliver results through leading large and diverse teams across functions or business units. Shows drive to make a difference across teams, community and nationally.
- Makes Decisions - Identifies and understands issues, problems and opportunities and takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
- Supports Difference - Works effectively with individuals of diverse cultures, interpersonal styles, abilities, motivations or background.
- Resilience - Stays focused and composed when under pressure to deliver, dealing constructively with setbacks and staying on course even when facing resistance or pressure to change.
- Lives Serco values - Trust, Care, Innovation and Innovation
Essential technical and professional skills
- Must have vocational trade certificate, diploma or degree in Electronic / Electrical discipline.
- Must have experience and working knowledge of railway systems and sub-systems.
- Should have knowledge of signaling principles, fixed block and moving block signaling systems, software based interlocking devices, point machines, induction and docking loops, cab signaling displays, on-board and wayside signaling equipment, would be a definite advantage.
- Must have minimum 2 years of relevant working experience relevant industry in any relevant discipline.
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Take pride in what you do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.