Job description / Role
To assist in constructing, altering, repairing, or modifying garments for our colleagues based on their specifications, needs, and preferences.
Contemporary, modern and elegant 5-star accommodation, the Mövenpick Hotel Jumeirah Lakes Towers is based in one of the most dynamic locations in Dubai - Jumeirah Lakes Towers.
Just off the famous Sheikh Zayed Road, the 168-room hotel is close to Dubai's thriving key business districts and commercial free zones, minutes away from the city's most iconic attractions and walking distance to Dubai Metro.
Overlooking tranquil lakes and the striking Dubai Marina skyline, the hotel offers its guests 3 dining and entertainment options, 7 meeting rooms, an outdoor pool and spa. Mövenpick Jumeirah Lakes Towers is is highly convenient for business activities or leisure as suited for exploring one of the most exciting cities in the world.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Issuing temporary uniforms to new colleagues.
- Alteration and repairing of uniforms.
- Tagging and assign uniform numbers to colleagues.
- Repairing of Duvet Covers, Bath Rugs and other linens.
- Recycling Bed sheets into Rollaway/Baby sheets.
- Recycling discarded towels into dusters.
- Making special uniforms for festive and other occasions.
- Making special projects requested by other departments approved by Laundry Assistant Manager and Executive Housekeeper.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the work area.
- Help other colleagues in uniform and laundry area.
- Receiving deliveries from outsourced company and report any discrepancies.
- Special attention for details during fitting, perform complete sewing service.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience.
- Knowledgeable in alteration, repairing of uniforms and sewing machine.
- Knowledgeable in different kinds of fabric/styling and ironing.
- Good in oral and written communication.
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor.
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.