Job description / Role
HOTELS: SOFITEL DUBAI the obelisk
JOB TITLE: Assistant Director, Talent & Culture
REPORTING TO: Director, talent & culture
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We are more than 240 000 women and men who share something unique. Each and every day we host the world. We care for millions of people. We are all moved by curiosity. We love blending cultures. We are proud of our differences. Yes, we lead the way. But we want to go further, with audacity, with imagination, with passion
SOFITEL DUBAI the obelisk
Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk is Sofitel's largest property in the Middle East. The hotel features 595 luxury guestrooms inclusive of 68 suites and 97 serviced apartments in the heart of Dubai. A variety of trendy restaurants and bars including a contemporary Asian restaurant, a Gastro Pub, a French Brasserie and Patio will bring residents and patrons together to celebrate the French "Joie de Vivre". Guests have the option to unwind at the So Spa and outdoor pools with private cabanas or workout in a fully-fledged fitness center. Business travelers will have access to 1,589 square meter of meeting space including one state-of-the-art ballroom ideal for the most sought-after social gatherings.
Part of the Wafi Mall new extension and close to the iconic Raffles Dubai, Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk infuses the brand's essence with capitalizing on a perfect balance of modernism and ancient Egypt reflective of the renowned design elements of Wafi. If you are as excited as we are about connecting hearts and showing your guest passion, join us as the next Heartist - Human Resources Manager, and help us to make Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk a truly welcoming destination!
To assist the Director of Human Resources in the smooth running of the HR & Learning function within the hotel ensuring best practice is followed at all times
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that all Managers and colleagues follow the correct HR procedures and that proper documentation is received
- Must have Learning background and ability to facilitate some trainings.
- Conduct exit interviews for colleagues at levels 2 - 5 (Coordinator Level 1)
- Assist in dealing with all colleague related queries at levels 1 - 5
- Ensure that annual and probation period appraisals are completed on time
- Conduct all disciplinary and grievance issues that require HR presence
- Handles the monthly PNL Analysis monthly with visa and service charge analysis
- Completes the MKM presentation report and the monthly GM comments by the 3rd of every month
- Sends the HRD the LD & Vacation day report monthly
- To oversee the operation of the cafeteria within the hotel
- Assist in the performance management of the HR Coordinators, Executives and Accommodation Supervisor
- Assist in all recruitment related activities from interviews to onboarding to managing budgets.
- Responsible for sending DOF / ADOF the monthly manning forecast 20th of every month)
- Responsible for sending DHR the monthly visa forecast (3 months ahead) for the HR expense report latest 18th of every month.
- Ensures all JDs, org chart, forms are up to date
- Ensures all BOH areas are up to date, clean, maintained etc. responsible for heading the weekly walk through with HR coordinator and Accommodation Supervisor
- Oversee the Heartist Committee meeting (Colleague, Food, Accommodation related) on a monthly basis and all issues relating to it
- Assist in the completion of all monthly reports for the Brand Office
- Analyze and complete HR monthly reports such as HR Statistics, Turnover, Exit Interview reports
- Oversee accommodation: weekly spot-checks
- Run the Welfare Committee
- Attend departmental communication meetings
- Counsel & advise colleagues Level 3 - 5
- Direct Reports, ensures all direct reports are completing their day to day tasks and oversees any queries they have regarding their tasks
- Accommodation Supervisor
- Recruitment Coordinator
- HR Coordinator
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding and ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Ability to help lead and manage a team
- Foster positive working relationships with colleagues at all levels
- Must be confidential in all Human Resources matters
- Ability to handle a number of projects at one time
- Must be computer literate in Microsoft Office applications
- Degree in Business Administration majoring in Human Resources
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an HR Management position ideally within a 5 star hotel
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.