Job description / Role
The following are the responsibilities for the role:
• Responsible to complete allocated complex VAT advisory and compliance assignments/tasks
• Lead the allocated assignments which include being the key contact person for the allocated assignments
• Coordinate with clients in respect of allocated assignments at the start of the allocation and prepare detailed project plan and communicate/ agree on dates and schedules with the client.
• Understand the client's requirement in detail. Discuss with colleagues, organize ideas logically and present thoughts rationally and confidently.
• Guide and train subordinates on both technical and operational matters
• Review of deliverables to ensure quality deliverables are delivered to Managers/Partners for review
• Demonstrate effective two-way communication and skills to resolve the issues and guide other team members to in these aspects.
• Be a team player, treat everyone equally & respectfully. Be open to accepting the work. Support senior colleagues in the allocated work. Demonstrate the ability to handle multiple engagements. Demonstrate the ability to find a solution of any technical or project management issue faced. Demonstrate and encourage collaboration.
• Identify VAT advisory issues and draft technical positions for review of Managers/Partners
• Prepare reports and communicate findings and recommendations to the client and agree with them.
• Follow the evolution of the client’s needs, commercial focus and business objectives, and timely anticipate issues and questions. Propose relevant services and solutions before being asked. Seek opportunities. Start looking for ways to exceed client expectations, offer your viewpoint, display a high level of commitment and technical knowledge.
• Take ownership of self-assessment, ensure to complete appraisal at the end of each file, quarter & year, be receptive and accept constructive feedback. To lead self by being open to constructive feedback and showing improvements on the points communicated by senior team members.
• Provide continuous feedback in a timely manner to the engagement team members.
• Follow and make others understand BDO core values; Ownership, Collaboration, Respect & Ethics and demonstrate exceptional client services (ECS). Actively promote the brand visibility externally and increase market exposure whenever possible. Uphold the brand values at all times.
• Ensure continuous professional development. Identify your key technical improvements areas and put efforts to develop required skills.
• Contribute effectively in the organized training sessions and help in engaging other audience to achieve required results.
• Contribute effectively with valuable inputs in any technical matters discussed within the teams. Extend support to junior team members or others in any technical issues faced.
• The applicant should have experience 2-3 years of experience in the established VAT/GST consulting practices
• Knowledge of UAE VAT is an advantage
• Good communication skills – both written and verbal
• Confident and comfortable in client interactions
• Experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams
• Able to assimilate and communicate new information (e.g. legal and practice developments) quickly and accurately
• Able to draft proposals, reports and other documentation to a high standard as per the internal guidelines
• Flexible - able to adapt quickly to market and practice changes
About the Company
BDO UAE is the Member Firm of BDO International with 64,300 people working out of over 1,400 offices worldwide.
At BDO UAE, we specialise in helping businesses, whether start-ups or multinationals, to achieve their goals. Through our own professional expertise and by working directly with organisations, we've developed a robust understanding of the factors that govern business growth. Our objective is to use this to help our clients maximise their potential.
We have a partner-led approach, which delivers the highest quality of service by using short, functional chains of communications to aid decision-making. Clients benefit from our fresh thinking, constructive challenge and practical understanding of the issues they face. Developing strong, personal relationships with our clients is at the forefront of our service approach at BDO UAE.
VAT Assistant Manager
Petrochem Middle East
Executive Accountant: Bank Reconciliation
Dubai Properties (DP)
Assistant Finance Manager
Ignite Search & Selection