Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Indirect Tax practice, within Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet and manage their tax obligations across unique but ever changing tax specialties. You'll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing indirect taxes, dispute resolution, and global enterprise tax solutions.
Our team helps our clients optimise cash flow and reduce risk by managing challenges related to indirect taxes. You'll support our clients with all aspects of indirect taxation related to global, regional and domestic projects as well as comprehensive restructuring and reporting value added tax projects.
As a VAT Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Responsible for driving the Technology, Media and Telecom ("TMT") and e-commerce sectors with a focus on clients operating in both the UAE and the GCC from both an advisory and compliance perspective.
• A thorough understanding of the electronically supplied service rules, preferably with EU experience, and keeping abreast of the constant evolving legislative changes to electronically supplied services globally.
• UAE representative for the monthly PwC Digital business development calls highlighting changes to electronic services in the GCC and identifying new opportunities based on the changes being implemented globally.
• Driving business development to identify opportunities, both independently and across other lines of services, to have conversations and win work with new and existing clients operating in the TMT space.
• Be the UAE point of contact for inbound referrals from overseas PwC offices, building your network within the PwC firm.
• Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Directors and Partners.
• Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients.
• Develop project strategies to solve complex technical challenges for our clients.
• Manage and deliver large projects by developing the project team, assessing engagement risks throughout, driving conclusions, and reviewing / challenging the output produced by the team.
• Shape and deliver projects to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients and our own quality criteria.
• Train, coach, and supervise team members.
• TMT and e-commerce specialist / EU experience required
• 4-5 years experience in VAT with a reputable tax consultancy firm (preferably Big4)
• Specialized with VAT consultation and compliance related to TMT and e-commerce sectors
• EU VAT experience is a must
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.