Job description / Role
As Tax Manager, you must possess practical knowledge of tax accounting, transfer pricing and International Executive Services related tax principles
* Lead activities primarily with wealth funds.
* Keeps relations as key point of contact for a portfolio of tax clients.
* Actively undertakes business development with existing as well as new / potential clients with a view to generate projects and revenue for the tax practice and also for other functions of the firm
* Leads as well as participates in proposals for tax projects and multifunctional projects
* Delivers high quality tax engagements for Partner / Director review in a timely manner
* Works with the Partner / Director group to enhance the firm's brand and standing in the market with all potential clients.
* Maintains ongoing relationships with other functions and network offices, as well as lawyers and other relevant external contacts.
* Co-ordinates with other offices in a multi-office engagement, critically reviews inputs received from such offices, challenges the conclusions reached based on prior experience such that the overall deliverable to client is of high quality
* Provides inputs into the budgeting process and business plan development as necessary
Relevant Skills and Behaviors:
Core and Technical Skills
* Broad knowledge and involvement in international corporate tax including international holding structures, tax treaty network, fund structuring, tax policy, and tax risk management
* Extensive understanding and knowledge in M&A tax including tax due diligence, tax structuring for acquisitions and divestments, SPA support and post-acquisition support work
* Knowledge of VAT and other tax matters
* Maintain relationships with key clients, potential clients, international network contacts, legal contacts, etc.
* Support Partner and Director in identifying targets, assist in preparing an action plan for developing the client and implementation of the plan able to identify opportunities for cross-selling work of other functions
* Great risk management knowledge and application
* Practice management skills including knowledge and experience of financials, debtors, key performance indicators including utilization, recovery, efficiency, etc
* Strong platform skills and report writing skills including presentation skills, facilitation and training skills, review as well as write tax structure papers, tax opinions, M&A reports, and tax analyses
* Strong project management skills including coordinating with multiple teams across various jurisdictions
* Experience in Big 4 M&A tax/transaction tax practice.
* Accounting (CA, ACCA, CPA), tax or legal qualification, with at least 9 to 10 years of international corporate tax consulting experience.
* Strong academic record
* Excellent oral and written communication skills (report writing, presentations)
* Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
* Fluent English - Verbal & written, Arabic skills are an added advantage.
About the Company
Robert Walters is one of the world's largest specialist professional recruitment consultancies with 53 offices spanning 24 countries.
We've helped thousands of professionals find permanent, contract and interim roles with leading global corporations, small to medium sized companies and innovative start ups. Our specialist recruitment focus includes: accountancy and finance, banking, engineering, operations, legal, IT, sales, marketing, procurement & logistics, HR and support/administration.