Tax Manager - Fiscal Policy
Job description / Role
Line of Service
International Tax Services
Job Description & Summary
Our team is a leading fiscal and tax policy adviser to governments, tax administrations and regulatory bodies in the Middle East (ME). The work is cutting edge; it is technically demanding and creative, and offers opportunities to support these government bodies to strike the balance between revenue diversification and revenue performance improvement, while staying on top of the latest trends and developments in international tax and administrative matters.
We are looking for someone who relishes the technical challenges and enjoys the opportunities to support government bodies on their transformative journeys to join a dynamic and experienced team.
You will be responsible for building close relationships with iconic clients and working as part of a team to deliver fiscal and tax policy services, including tax policy design, legislative review / drafting, and the end-to-end implementation of legislation. You will have a key role in the delivery of your engagements and interactions with clients and other important stakeholders.
The client work is stimulating and rarely routine. It offers opportunities to help countries achieve their strategic objectives through tax related measures. The work is wide-ranging, including benchmarking, researching and developing policy principles, supporting stakeholder consultations and presentations, reviewing / drafting legislation, designing and implementing new processes and providing operational support to policymakers and administrations.
We will provide you with the opportunity to put into practice your tax technical skills in a stimulating and challenging environment, working alongside a group of talented individuals to support you.
In terms of wider development opportunities, you will have the opportunity to progress your career with us through gaining wide-ranging experience across industries and locations. Being a global organisation, we are able to offer you the opportunity to go on international secondments. There are also options to further develop technically and professionally through varied client secondments.
- You have tax policy advisory or administration experience, ideally pertaining to governments and tax administrations.
- You have strong experience in corporate tax and international tax.
- You have strong analytical skills, commercial awareness and a flexible approach, combined with the ability to work as part of a number of client teams simultaneously.
- You have experience of developing and maintaining strong relationships with clients and internal stakeholders.
- You have experience of managing projects and delegating work within a team context, whilst being able to work independently to drive progress.
- You have strong business writing and communication skills.
- You have at least 4 years of relevant work experience.
- You have a professional tax or accounting qualification (e.g. ACA, CTA, ADIT, ACCA or a law degree / masters in tax law.
- Strong Arabic reading / writing ability is preferred, but not required / critical.
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we've set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We're a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We're striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we're proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone's uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you're looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you're a future PwCer.