Job description / Role
Line of Service
General Tax Consulting
Job Description & Summary
A career within Tax Technology services, you will be responsible for supporting critical technology projects in the Tax and Legal Services business ("TLS"), and sits within our Digital TLS team based in Dubai. As a Technology Senior Associate you will need to have strong IT, business, technical, analytical and commercial skills and be able to apply your knowledge across the team.
In your role you will work with clients throughout the delivery and support lifecycle of the technology solutions and may be asked to help with technical questions during the sales cycle.
You will be a self starter and capable of working individually or in small groups both co-located and as part of a virtual global team. Although you will have local PwC office support, you will be comfortable acting on your own initiative. You will be mobile and prepared to support a regional team.
You will have both a client facing and back office role, must present well and be capable of clear and concise communication, including explaining technology concepts to clients who may not understand all the work being undertaken. You will build relationships with client IT staff during implementation phases and support the local PwC relationship manager with overall tax relationship. You will become an expert in the solutions offered and be a first point of contact for both internal and external clients wanting to understand how the solutions function.
Your primary responsibility will be for the development and delivery of technology services to clients and internal tax and legal businesses.
The key lifecycle stages that you will be expected to deliver include, but are not limited to:
- Documentation of client requirements - Development of specification documents to meet the client's needs, taking into account their unique circumstances.
- Configuring solutions and testing the outcome - Setting up development instances of solutions and configuring them to the client's specifications, before testing the outcomes.
- Implementation - Deploying the solutions in a wide variety of environments, including on premise and in cloud based solutions.
- User support - Provide first and second tier support to users of software solutions. This includes investigating, documenting and resolving bug reports.
We are looking to bring on-board candidates who have the following technical skills:
- 3-4 years experience in a primarily hands-on technology-centric role.
- Worked in a tax and/or legal professional services environment.
- Technically savvy - Ability to manage SQL databases (ideally MS SQL) and compose intermediate queries, familiarity with configuration of IIS and other network components and intermediate Excel skills. Must be comfortable operating with both on-premise and cloud solutions. Experience working on the Microsoft Stack is desirable.
- ETL (Extract, Transfer and Load) and data-wrangling experience using data analytics toles (such as Alteryx, R and Python).
- Coding experience is desired but not necessary (ideally Groovy).
Following are an added advantage:
- Exposure to ERP system (such as Oracle or SAP)
- Advanced knowledge and direct experience using BI reporting tools (such as Power BI, Tableau, and Qlikview)
- Experience in tax (direct or indirect)
- Experience managing technology projects (PMP or Prince2 certification desired but not required).
Our ideal candidate is also:
- Passionate and enthusiastic- and is excited by starting projects from scratch, is a 'doer' and can drive delivery of projects.
- Has strong communication and interpersonal skills - with the ability to communicate with all internal and client stakeholders effectively.
- Has Proven organisational skills - with the ability to project manage implementations with the assistance of the indirect tax teams; this could be demonstrated through industry standard PM certifications or experience.
- Process driven and capable of delivering in a consistent manner.
- Problem solver and enjoy the logic challenges presented by data work.
- Comfortable writing a wide variety of technical documentation, including process maps, data maps and specification documents.
- Expected to live by the PwC core values and fully integrate yourself in PwC culture.
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.