Job description / Role
On behalf of our client, a well-reputed transport company, we are currently looking for taxi planning specialist.
Responsible for planning, developing, managing and improving transportation system that encompasses the needs of users taking into consideration of environmental, efficiency and safety issues
• Manage to look at the ways to improve current systems and implement new ideas in means of transportation and environmental studies.
• Work with multi-disciplinary team to guide change and deliver innovative planning services to all the taxi users
• Design transportation surveys to identify areas of public concern
• Liaise and negotiate with various stakeholders, such as residents’ groups and planning authorities
• Assigns taxis to taxi drivers and maintains records of assignments and trip data.
• Reviewing report of meter readings taken from incoming taxis for accuracy or takes and records taximeter readings
• Designing and interpreting transportation and travel route surveys
• Compiles and maintains records of mileage travelled and fuel used
• Writing clear reports, representing options and recommendations for smooth operations workflow of transportation
• Using statistical analysis to examine travelling data of all taxis and accident records
• Forming potential solutions to transport problems
• Developing initial design ideas for new or improved transport infrastructure, e.g. junction improvements or pedestrian priority schemes
• Participating in public consultation initiatives, including designing leaflets or questionnaires and attending scheme exhibitions (if any) for the welfare of the taxis and its users
• Confidence in dealing with wide range of people including drivers, clients, councillors, local groups and the general public
• Engage with all the taxi drivers to conduct skills analysis, training needs analysis and priorities training as per the situation and current issues that arise.
• Work is usually carried out for transportation forecasting and also involve in liaising with colleagues from a range of disciplines and assessments.
• Developing potential solutions to problems such as congestion and provide perfect solutions to challenges that arise and further problems in the business environment
KEY INTERACTIONS & COMMUNICATIONS
• Will interact with respective department personnel within the company to ensure that requests for information is followed up in a timely manner
• Will interact with other company personnel on matters of shared interest
• Essential: Bachelor Degree Environmental Engineering, Transportation Management or related studies.
• Desirable: Specialization in analysis of transportation related consequences.
• Essential: Able to develop sustainable transportation strategies at the local, regional, or national levels.
• Desirable: Develop or test new methods or models of transportation analysis
• Essential: With at least 3 years of experience in the same field within GCC countries and Singapore
• Experience in designing and implementing functional infrastructure requirements such as transportation, accessing, areas and corridor studies.
• Develop computer models to address transportation planning issues
• Adjusts priorities to meet changing needs/situations
• Ability to work with professionals from different fields
• Maintains composure when things are up in the air
• Helps to ensure each taxi driver roles, responsibilities and expectations are clear
• Acknowledges own strengths and limitations.
• Acts positively and constructively on improvement feedback
About the Company
With a genuine understanding of what our Clients and Candidates need to succeed, Green Gulf Careers believe that honest and open relationships at every level are paramount to both our success and yours. We have a hugely diverse talent pool and we take the utmost care in matching them to our equally diverse Client base in order to achieve success at every level.
Whilst partnering with organisations across the Gulf, whether it be a SME or a leading Multinational, our team has extensive industry experience and a strong understanding of both the economic trends and cultural business diversities in this region.
When engaging with us, you will deal with a dedicated Consultant who has a strong knowledge of your industry and sector and who will take time to get to know you and your Individual or Company needs. We pride ourselves on our discreet, transparent and service focused approach and to that end, we will form a relationship based on a mutual respect which really assists us understand your requirements. Our experience in industry adds particular value to the recruitment process and whilst we recruit at all levels and disciplines, we offer the same exceptional service levels should you be recruiting a junior member of staff or at Company Director level.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies